Case Spray-painting tips/stencils?

TheGFactor

Heyo everyone,

My rig is hooked up in a Corsair 230T,

original.jpg

And I plan on painting it in the near future to add a little blast of diversity. I will take out all the fans, and tape over the window and IO ports, then cover up all the fan grills from the inside and start to paint. My goal is to make it look like a beaten-up Biohazard container. I only plan on painting on a biohazard logo, this was up logo, and a few cool looking things to spray on, like...

91N8zD0oJwL._SY355_.jpg

Then I plan to grab some metalic silver, spray it on a rag, and rough up the edges of the case. However, this is my first time spray painting a case, is there anything I should really know other than to cover up all ports and gut out the case? Is there any special paint I should use? Anyone have some good stencil recommendations?

Thanks

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

Heyo everyone,

original.jpg

And I plan on painting it in the near future to add a little blast of diversity. I will take out all the fans, and tape over the window and IO ports, then cover up all the fan grills from the inside and start to paint. My goal is to make it look like a beaten-up Biohazard container. I only plan on painting on a biohazard logo, this was up logo, and a few cool looking things to spray on, like...

91N8zD0oJwL._SY355_.jpg

Then I plan to grab some metalic silver, spray it on a rag, and rough up the edges of the case. However, this is my first time spray painting a case, is there anything I should really know other than to cover up all ports and gut out the case? Is there any special paint I should use? Anyone have some good stencil recommendations?

Thanks

I know plastikote engine enamel is a pretty common paint that case modders swear by, i havent used any personally but that seems to get the job done pretty well.

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

Heyo everyone,

-PIC-

-PIC-

Thanks

I suggest using a stick on stencil with a design you pan to designs it will give you nice sharp lines and make sure everything is even, this works especially well if you plan to make intricate design. As for paint I usually use the big two which are Rustoleum or Krlyon, but if you need more variation or larger palette of colors, car paints or artists/graffiti paints will have a better selection.

I suggest using a stick on stencil with a design you pan to designs it will give you nice sharp lines and make sure everything is even, this works especially well if you plan to make intricate design. As for paint I usually use the big two which are Rustoleum or Krlyon, but if you need more variation or larger palette of colors, car paints or artists/graffiti paints will have a better selection.

Awesome, thanks :D

I know plastikote engine enamel is a pretty common paint that case modders swear by, i havent used any personally but that seems to get the job done pretty well.

Awesome, thank you

Awesome, thank you

Here is a video that Bill Owen posted on Youtube, he has a lot of great modding tutorials on his channel and i would definitely check some of them out,

http://youtu.be/UjVgfHkWbcE?t=5m47s

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |