onboard audio died, soundcard?

brtmn0

as you can read by the title, my onboard audio from my Asrock fat1lity killer (which gave me for some reason really bad sound, you can read about it on my other treads) died today, no sound, only allot of weird mechanical buzz sounds when I turn on my speakers. Yes, I know that I can RMA my motherboard because I only have it for about a month, but I don't really want to go trou  the trouble of rebuilding my pc. So is there some kind of soundcard solution I can just pop into a pci-e  slot, plug in my speakers and be ready to go? and, I'm actually wanting a pair of headphones, is there some kind of cheap solution that won't take that much effort? my budget for a new sound card would be around 100 euros/dollars, and I don't need an headset right at the start, but maybe a suggestion that would be compatible with another soundcard suggestion would be nice, I don't know what my budget will be on a headset tho, but not something really expensive. I mostly game on my pc, and I don't have any preference on lows/mids/highs.

Ow, My sound magically started working again, but it sitll sounds crappy...

as you can read by the title, my onboard audio from my Asrock fat1lity killer (which gave me for some reason really bad sound, you can read about it on my other treads) died today, no sound, only allot of weird mechanical buzz sounds when I turn on my speakers. Yes, I know that I can RMA my motherboard because I only have it for about a month, but I don't really want to go trou  the trouble of rebuilding my pc. So is there some kind of soundcard solution I can just pop into a pci-e  slot, plug in my speakers and be ready to go? and, I'm actually wanting a pair of headphones, is there some kind of cheap solution that won't take that much effort? my budget for a new sound card would be around 100 euros/dollars, and I don't need an headset right at the start, but maybe a suggestion that would be compatible with another soundcard suggestion would be nice, I don't know what my budget will be on a headset tho, but not something really expensive. I mostly game on my pc, and I don't have any preference on lows/mids/highs.

You can look into external DACs like the ones FiiO offers, just plug into usb and you're done.

Edit: it might be that you're outputting the wrong bit/Hz combo for your onboard audio, and it simply can't handle it.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You can look into external DACs like the ones FiiO offers, just plug into usb and you're done.

Edit: it might be that you're outputting the wrong bit/Hz combo for your onboard audio, and it simply can't handle it.

Well, how do I change my bit/hz combo? Where can I change those settings?

You could go either way. External USB dac, or internal sound card.

An external dac seems like it would solve the problem, and with the new android update I saw that android devices are able to use usb sound periferals, ofcourse, they don't all work with android, but i have seen some videos of people using usb headsets and usb mics, maybe this can work for my tablet too! (not that my sound om my tablet is bad, but maybe if I buy the dac, and some good quality headphones, I can get into the whole audiophile group lol)

Well, how do I change my bit/hz combo? Where can I change those settings?

Right click your speaker-symbol --> press speaker units/devices (or something along those lines my windows isn't in english) --> right click your active output and select properties --> go to the advanced tab, and you'll see a roll down menu of different sampling rates and stuff. Try to select one with lower values, and see if it helps.

If this dosen't work then it could also be a driver issue.

Right click your speaker-symbol --> press speaker units/devices (or something along those lines my windows isn't in english) --> right click your active output and select properties --> go to the advanced tab, and you'll see a roll down menu of different sampling rates and stuff. Try to select one with lower values, and see if it helps.

If this dosen't work then it could also be a driver issue.

I already updated all of my drivers, and even installed a spereate sound driver from the website. from asrock