This tablet good for DSLR control app?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Color-7-A23-4GB-Google-Android-4-2-Dual-Core-Cameras-Tablet-PC-Wifi-New-/251696847983?pt=US_Tablets&var=&hash=item3a9a4d1c6f

SHould I get it for the DSLR control app? It will be used ONLY for that and this is the cheapest I can find. 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Even if it sucks it was only 16$

i dont know bout you but for me it says $45 shipping o___O

Screw it...

Any tablets for <$30 that will work? (you think?)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Screw it...

Any tablets for <$30 that will work? (you think?)

Spend a bit more and buy a used Nexus 7 2012

If you account for the shipping you can get a cheap tablet for less on aliexpress.com Its like a Chinese ebay. 

If you account for the shipping you can get a cheap tablet for less on aliexpress.com Its like a Chinese ebay. 

That place...

*shivers*

That place...

*shivers*

yea but still, I bout a shooting sleeve off there, was not bad. I have not tried electronics though. They have the same tablet for less though..... but the reviews are total bull, terrible translations point out obvious fakes (99% of them)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Color-7-A23-4GB-Google-Android-4-2-Dual-Core-Cameras-Tablet-PC-Wifi-New-/251696847983?pt=US_Tablets&var=&hash=item3a9a4d1c6f

SHould I get it for the DSLR control app? It will be used ONLY for that and this is the cheapest I can find. 

I wouldnt bother yet

Do you even have your camera? does it have wifi?

I think you are trying to run before you can crall

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I wouldnt bother yet

Do you even have your camera? does it have wifi?

I think you are trying to run before you can crall

No I don't

It doesn't

And yes I am

:P

as long the OS has a official supported app for your DSLR it will be fine, but keep in mind that the DSLR has to have wifi build in(or outside module) and the tablet has to be(if not mistaken) on the same network, otherwise you need to create your own network through the dslr wich goes to cost of performance and/or battery life.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

as long the OS has a official supported app for your DSLR it will be fine, but keep in mind that the DSLR has to have wifi build in(or outside module) and the tablet has to be(if not mistaken) on the same network, otherwise you need to create your own network through the dslr wich goes to cost of performance and/or battery life.

You can use a micro usb

You can use a micro usb

then again if supporte, since so far i know all those apps make use of the wifi option in the device, never been able(or thought to) try it that way

• 2 weeks later...

@Flight1sim, this probably too late, but no this thing will not work properly.

I got the 10.1" versions and you have to root it (which can be a pain), install drivers (which will always be a pain for it) and then enable ther USB host API which is disabled out of the box (which involves editing XML files, so easy for me, maybe not for you).

Then the app will work, but it will crash like hell (might be the app, the beta on iOS crapped out on me too). Try and get a Nexus 7 at least, though I'm just going to get a proper external monitor.

@Flight1sim, this probably too late, but no this thing will not work properly.

I got the 10.1" versions and you have to root it (which can be a pain), install drivers (which will always be a pain for it) and then enable ther USB host API which is disabled out of the box (which involves editing XML files, so easy for me, maybe not for you).

Then the app will work, but it will crash like hell (might be the app, the beta on iOS crapped out on me too). Try and get a Nexus 7 at least, though I'm just going to get a proper external monitor.

You're not too late! :D

I might just end up using my shield with a Usb cable to connect them

You're not too late! :D

I might just end up using my shield with a Usb cable to connect them

why do you want a tablet for this anyway? seems utterly pointless

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

why do you want a tablet for this anyway? seems utterly pointless

To use as a bigger screen

but it will be a really SHIT screen

save up and get a decent monitor, a small hd, atamos ninja or something

Seriously it will be WORSE than the display on the back, and if you are getting a DSLR you will want to frame through the optical viewfinder anyway

well, mostly for what shadowcaptain said(see below)

but it will be a really SHIT screen

save up and get a decent monitor, a small hd, atamos ninja or something

Seriously it will be WORSE than the display on the back, and if you are getting a DSLR you will want to frame through the optical viewfinder anyway

wich is true of course(unless you shoot video) but if it's just for a cheap way to get a bigger screen, i wouldn't go through all the trouble of playing/screwing around with roms etc on a tablet/your schield, just so that you can use it as secondery screen is kinda waste imo.

when you are using a shield, the screen resolution will be lower and the screen won't be much bigger then before.

with a tablet you will face the same resolution problem and the fact that the app crashes alot( like @Dregy said) wich causes more trouble then ease in the end.

the best way to go is with a external monitor wich is made for it, even if you have to use a mini-HDMI connector in between,