Zalman Z11 (black and white with UV lighting)

Maskot

Here we did a timelapse with all the parts

3zi9eEV.jpg

zZez6dQ.jpgRqVm7CM.jpgQ9Jg59Y.jpg4FcSnyT.jpg5oRqXmP.jpgk3tvf31.jpg5jEcNJS.jpg4KlHf5F.jpgUYsUqNh.jpgYtmSQrO.jpg

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Youtube link not working.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Youtube link not working.

Hasn't finished processing, unfortunately.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

This has so much potential,it looks great,but the cable management could be much better.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

This has so much potential,it looks great,but the cable management could be much better.

This case has very limited space, if you look at the cut outs, no cables go through them, they're all routed, I did an amazing job for what it was, there were no extra spaces to put anything, I only cable managed for the places you can see through the window.

Cable management is much better in his case, than mine.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

This case has very limited space, if you look at the cut outs, no cables go through them, they're all routed, I did an amazing job for what it was, there were no extra spaces to put anything, I only cable managed for the places you can see through the window.

I did notice the cable routing holes being clean at first look and loved that.

what bothered me was

-the HDD bay cables from the lighting (nothing canbe done about it other than custom sleeving)

-cables going from power supply horizontal across the impractical cutout that was zalmans mistake

the HDD bay cables I can understand being there,maybe consider tying them up alot more so they aren't so unruly and tuck them in under the blue box (not sure exactly what it is.

but the cables going horizontally across the cutout could be helped.

take a look at my build log,the first pic is the final cable management,and at the very bottom of the thread I have pics of the back of the case.

I do have less hardware,don't have an aftermarket heatsink,or the lighting,but I have more cables to hide since I have a TX 650 (non modular) power supply.

now mine isn't as good looking as your but the cable management is significantly better.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

I did notice the cable routing holes being clean at first look and loved that.

what bothered me was

-the HDD bay cables from the lighting (nothing canbe done about it other than custom sleeving)

-cables going from power supply horizontal across the impractical cutout that was zalmans mistake

the HDD bay cables I can understand being there,maybe consider tying them up alot more so they aren't so unruly and tuck them in under the blue box (not sure exactly what it is.

but the cables going horizontally across the cutout could be helped.

take a look at my build log,the first pic is the final cable management,and at the very bottom of the thread I have pics of the back of the case.

I do have less hardware,don't have an aftermarket heatsink,or the lighting,but I have more cables to hide since I have a TX 650 (non modular) power supply.

now mine isn't as good looking as your but the cable management is significantly better.

No offense, but I did my cable management before I booted it up first time, because I knew it was going to boot up first time, which it did, and you're right, I could take about 5 minutes and 5 cable ties, and make it look better than yours.

Also, do you even color coordinate?

No offense, but I did my cable management before I booted it up first time, because I knew it was going to boot up first time, which it did, and you're right, I could take about 5 minutes and 5 cable ties, and make it look better than yours.

I'd really like you to take those 5 minutes lol,this build looks awesome and it just kills me inside that it doesn't look as awesome as it could.

Linus Sebastian said:

I'd really like you to take those 5 minutes lol,this build looks awesome and it just kills me inside that it doesn't look as awesome as it could.

I also see that orange fan in the 5.25" drive bay, where there is no filter, is an intake, causing DUST everywhere, this kills me inside to see a person ghetto rig a fan that does more harm than good, should have used the bottom mounted intake, where there is a filter, which would have done the same thing as the ghetto rig, but with a filter.

It kills me inside to know you dont look as good as my cable managed dick

okay...you took a comment that was giving my opinion and giving specific details about what I feel he could easily improve on and decided to bash me,and on two threads no less.

you have no idea how much this means to me mr.troll,I feel honored.

Linus Sebastian said:

I also see that orange fan in the 5.25" drive bay, where there is no filter, is an intake, causing DUST everywhere, this kills me inside to see a person ghetto rig a fan that does more harm than good, should have used the bottom mounted intake, where there is a filter, which would have done the same thing as the ghetto rig, but with a filter.

out of curiosity why not post this in my build log,why take up your build log lol.

yeah the orange fan is a bit of a bad decision due to the dust that it causes,but it improves my cpu temps by around 5 degrees since the other fans move much less air and because it's able to move the air that would go from the graphics card to the cpu heatsink and 'encourages' it to go out of the case.

it really is a shame,but I can't mount it on the bottom because the 140mm fan mountings are ever so slightly interfered with by the power supply,while they aren't blocked the rounded shape of the fans corners doesn't allow me to mount it on the bottom,I've tried lol.

I could mount it on the top as an intake....but having one fan blow air into the case from the bottom and another from the top seems like it could cause issues,not sure though.if you feel it wouldn't,and that it would truly be better despite the top not having filters as well,I could try it for you.

I could also mount it instead of the blue LED fan in the front,as I had for a little while,but when I had it there the temps were 5 degrees worse as I mentioned above.

having it as the rear exhaust fan would probably keep the temps just as good but the rear fan mountings are only for 120mm fans.

I could approach it differently and use a metal window mesh that I have at home to filter it,but I would assume that one of two things would happen

-A. it would have trouble pulling air through it due to a  tighter weaving

-B. the mesh would not be woven tightly enough to prevent dust build up 

I listed both as 'm not sure whether it's woven tighter or looser than the mesh on the fan filters.

though again you seem to know what your doing,and I've been considering those options,so which would you do.I'd like your honest opinion.

also in case there was a misunderstanding...when I said I'd really like to see the cable management cleaned up,I didn't mean that in a sarcastic "I'm disappointed in you" manner.I honestly meant I love how this build looks and it would make my day to see it cleaned up a bit.

Linus Sebastian said:

He was just trying to help. . . Stop acting like an asshole.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

lol I agree with him,the 5.25" bay fan isn't an awesome decision.

see my response to it lol.

Linus Sebastian said:

I'm just giving constructive criticism along with a suggestion.

lol I agree with him,the 5.25" bay fan isn't an awesome decision.

see my response to it lol.

You could put the filter from the bottom onto the front of the orange fan somehow, that would solve that problem, sort of.

I'm just giving constructive criticism along with a suggestion.

You could put the filter from the bottom onto the front of the orange fan somehow, that would solve that problem, sort of.

well the issue with that is I have the white stock fan pulling air in from the bottom,so that would still leave me with a fan without a filter either way.and as it stands that white fan would be blowing the dust into my system,and then then directly into the video card fans.

the only filter that I've been able to fit into the 5.25" bay is the power supply crappy plastic filter.and that doesn't make me feel any better about the dust as I doubt it'll help dust build up too much.

like I said I do have plenty of metal mesh that I could more or less easily fit into that spot.the issue is whether or not the filter would help prevent dust and whether or not the fan could actually pull air through it..

Linus Sebastian said:

well the issue with that is I have the white stock fan pulling air in from the bottom,so that would still leave me with a fan without a filter either way.and as it stands that white fan would be blowing the dust into my system,and then then directly into the video card fans.

the only filter that I've been able to fit into the 5.25" bay is the power supply crappy plastic filter.and that doesn't make me feel any better about the dust as I doubt it'll help dust build up too much.

like I said I do have plenty of metal mesh that I could more or less easily fit into that spot.the issue is whether or not the filter would help prevent dust and whether or not the fan could actually pull air through it..

Silly me, I didn't notice the white fan on the bottom, just have a make shift filter, or no filter at all, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Silly me, I didn't notice the white fan on the bottom, just have a make shift filter, or no filter at all, but I guess it doesn't matter.

so....if you tidy up the cable management....could you pm me so I see the new pics in the thread lol...don't really wanna get spammed by responses to your thread lol like I would if I subbed it,but I'd love to see the updated pics.

Linus Sebastian said:

so....if you tidy up the cable management....could you pm me so I see the new pics in the thread lol...don't really wanna get spammed by responses to your thread lol like I would if I subbed it,but I'd love to see the updated pics.

Not sure if I can get access to the PC since it was a build for a customer, but I will try to contact them and  fix it all, hopefully.

Not sure if I can get access to the PC since it was a build for a customer, but I will try to contact them and  fix it all, hopefully.

dang lol.

if you don't mind my asking,and I apologize if you do,how much did the customer pay for the build?

btw subbed the YT channel hope to see more videos ;)

Linus Sebastian said:

dang lol.

if you don't mind my asking,and I apologize if you do,how much did the customer pay for the build?

btw subbed the YT channel hope to see more videos ;)

$1050, parts were about $965 from newegg, with some extra stuff that are in the video, minus the knife.

$1050, parts were about $965 from newegg, with some extra stuff that are in the video, minus the knife.

how about something like this for a high price/performance ratio.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/16ABf

$825

and you could sell it for the same $1050,or bring it down to $960 claiming a huge sale from the one priced at $1050.

all of the components are great quality,but it packs a much stronger punch than the one built in this video.

just a suggestion.

Linus Sebastian said:

how about something like this for a high price/performance ratio.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/16ABf

$825

and you could sell it for the same $1050,or bring it down to $960 claiming a huge sale from the one priced at $1050.

all of the components are great quality,but it packs a much stronger punch than the one built in this video.

just a suggestion.

I'm working on a few partnerships with company's, corsair being the main one, and the more corsair parts I use, the better for me, although they are the Apple of computer parts (being expensive) they are extremely high quality.