Gaming / 3D Workstation planning.

L.E.D

So once again I am planning a new pc build. I know its going to use an i7 4770k, 16gbs of ram. I am just looking for the best motherboard and ram to meet my budget.

Parts I already have:

-SSD

-HDD

-GPU

-Case

Parts needed:

-PSU

-MOBO

-RAM

-CPU (i7 4770k)

-Cooler (Corsair H100i)

The  budget for parts needed is about 1100 to 1200 canadian. any help is appreciated.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

So once again I am planning a new pc build. I know its going to use an i7 4770k, 16gbs of ram. I am just looking for the best motherboard and ram to meet my budget.

Parts I already have:

-SSD

-HDD

-GPU

-Case

Parts needed:

-PSU

-MOBO

-RAM

-CPU (i7 4770k)

-Cooler (Corsair H100i)

The  budget for parts needed is about 1200 to 1300 canadian. any help is appreciated.

go for a 4790K and Z97 mobo

go for a 4790K and Z97 mobo

Good call, it is actually $10 cheaper haha.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

You should get a better cooler than the H100i.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You should get a better cooler than the H100i.

Suggestions?

Suggestions?

Well if you have room for a 280mm radiator, the kraken X61 or nepton 280L will perform much better.

If you only have room for a 240mm radiator (like the H100i) then the H105 will still perform quite a bit better, but not as well as a 280mm radiator.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'd get the CM hyper evo 212

Its better than a liquid cooler?

Well if you have room for a 280mm radiator, the kraken X61 or nepton 280L will perform much better.

If you only have room for a 240mm radiator (like the H100i) then the H105 will still perform quite a bit better, but not as well as a 280mm radiator.

I dont have room for any of it. I am going to ghetto mount it in an old case for shits and giggles.