Xbox 360 DVI and HDMI switching things

theloveablemoose

So i have my Xbox connected to VGA at the moment and the picture looks god awful but my monitor only has inputs for DVI and VGA. Now connecting and getting picture to my monitor isn't the issue, the issue is that of sound. The way i have my Xbox hooked up now is with the use of the component cables that come connected to the VGA cable that are plugged into a component to 3.5mm port which then is connected by AUX cable to the line in port on my PC (long winded i know). Now you see my question is can i somehow split the audio from the video signal on the HDMI cable or will i be able to use the audio cables on the VGA cable currently connected to output sound to the Line in connector.

Derp forgot the second part to my question. Will HDCP go through a HDMI switcher or will i have to connect it directly to the monitor in case my friend brings his PS3 or something.

Help is appreciated.

Uhhh...

You CAN split the audio out of HDMI, although your going to need a converter box which go for around 30 bucks.

HDCP will not go through some switchers. You really should just connect your console straight to your monitor.