SSD raid 5 failed

hello guys, 

i'm setting up a dell r520 server with 6 intel s2500 (600GB) ssd's but when i use a ssd in bay 1 the array will fail.

i've already swapped the drive with another one but the issue keeps existing, but when i put the same drive in bay 6 it will work just fine.

does anyone know if this is a (known) issue with the perc710 controller or if it can be fixed with a firmware update? (i'll check if there's an update available) EDIT: i've got the latest firmware (21.1.0-0007)

cheers,

simon

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

hello guys, 

i'm setting up a dell r520 server with 6 intel s2500 (600GB) ssd's but when i use a ssd in bay 1 the array will fail.

i've already swapped the drive with another one but the issue keeps existing, but when i put the same drive in bay 6 it will work just fine.

does anyone know if this is a (known) issue with the perc710 controller or if it can be fixed with a firmware update? (i'll check if there's an update available) EDIT: i've got the latest firmware (21.1.0-0007)

cheers,

simon

To me this sounds like you have a bad/damaged breakout cable or port, since you have already ruled out a bad drive. I would check your miniSAS to SATA breakout cables for any noticeable damage. If there is some, than that is likely your problem. If not, that card requires 2 breakout cables to run more than 4 drives so I would swap what SAS connections they are plugged into the card on. If you are still having problems on the first breakout on the first port, then the problem is likely with the RAID card. However if the problem transitions to the first breakout on the second port its a problem with the breakout cable and you just need to pick up a new cable.