New Gaming Build - Thinking about Radeon R295x2, suggestions? $2250 budget

1. It's a decent board for what you're doing with it

2. Personally I don't believe in water cooling. I'd rather spend the extra effort to mount a good air cooler then worry about things like leaks or pump failures with a water cooler.

3. Fans come with the case too

4. Yes, but for some overclocking headroom I'd bump it up to an 850G2

thanks

i have that case A you dont need more fans and watercooling in it is okay but the rads are monted wierd the air cooler will be quieter and i wll double check the obo the only reason i went fro it besides it being nice is its 3-way sli copatibiliy

What do you think about this power supply? its 850w for extra power and is still pretty cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438018

What do you think about this power supply? its 850w for extra power and is still pretty cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438018

Its op for this build

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Its op for this build

ok ill go with the other one, thanks for the help JEman99 really appreciate it.

Its op for this build

also one more question on pcpartpicker at the bottom it says something about a voltage problem for the ram. it says 2400 is 1.65 and it wants it to be 1.5, is this something to worry about?

Hello,

MY BUDGET IS $2550 NOT $2250 SORRY FOR TYPO.

I have a 1080p monitor, when I can afford it in around a month or two I am going to get a 4k monitor so I need this build to be able to handle 4k. I am not going to do a multi monitor setup, just 1 4k monitor.

I already have a 2tb hard drive so I only need to buy the ssd, thats why there is no hard drive in the build.

BUILD: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JchnNG

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

GallioneIT

OP - drop the 295x and get SLI gtx980's

drop your processor from a 4790k to a 4690/4690k and use the extra $100 to stretch to the SLI gtx980's - for gaming you will likely get better results with an i5-4690 with SLI gtx980 compared to an i7-4790k with r9 295x - the GTX980's will ream the 295x when it comes to noise and heat and are slightly better (when not using mantle) performing

I had overclocked crossfire r9 290's and they were about only 25% faster than my single GTX980.

Hands down dual 970s for your build. 980s are a waste of money in general. Almost double the price of a 970 for ~20% more performance.

^Wrong.

its 61% more expensive for 25% more performance - at 1080.

at 4k the performance of a gtx980 over a gtx970 becomes very relevant.  take a look at the LTT Valley benchmark table and check the 4k results... 1080/1440 scales very differently than 4k.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.