Upscale 900p to 1080p

I use my PC connected to my TV that shows a washed out image if its any resolution thats not one of the mainstream ones (ei, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, etc)

i used to play my games at 1600x900 because my AMD graphics card is pretty average and my PC would upscale so my TV showed 1080p at the top corner even though it was 900p. Around the 3rd Oct i installed both the new updates (as of that date) from Windows and AMD Catalyst Control Center. After that when i started up a game my TV showed 1680x1050 and the image was washed out since it was an uncommon res. ive been stuck like this ever since.

My main question is: How do i upscale the resolution from 900p to 1080p on my PC? Please dont give me anything else like "keep 1080p in games and lower graphics settings" i just want to know how to upscale or if its even possible at all

It adds quite a bit of latency probably if you can do it. It's possible, probably a bit of work, unless there is a program that does it easily.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit