Defragmenting my drive when BSoD

NemoTheClown

Hello guys!

Last evening I was almost done defragmenting my drive when my pc suddenly bluescreened.

post-78213-0-46683700-1414683741_thumb.j

I tried booting it again but the PC were slow. It took about 30-60min to get past starting windows, and when I came past it, there were no drives, internet, programs etc. (Though I did have my wallpaper).

I tried to boot into safe mode but again i was stuck for about 30-60, but at the aswRvrt.sys file.

post-78213-0-55591100-1414683744_thumb.j

So I though it was avast and booted from Hiren's BootCD (via USB), but couldn't find any symptoms that it actually was avast, so I went into the explorer and got into "My computer" when i suddenly couldn't find my HDD. I shut the pc down and checked for connections but nothing was wrong there, so I unplugged the HDD and tried to restart. BOM! It started smoothly. I shut down the PC and tried to plug the HDD in again, but the same problem occured as after the bluescreen.

Right now I tried to start the PC, plug the SATA data cable in and then the SATA power cable, but couldn't find it in diskmanager. I guess I am stuck with a damaged HDD. But is there any way it may be possible to acces the HDD again and backup the files on it? I think it might be able to work again if i format it, but right now there is some files i want to backup first.

After this I am going to buy a new (or maybe 2 if i can't get it working) and put in RAID, so I've learned from my mistake :(

Here is the specs:

Mobo: ASUS Crossfair V Formula-z

CPU: AMD FX-8350

GPU: 2xAMD R9 290 in crossfire

RAM: Kingston hyperX genesis blue 4x4GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i

SSD /C: OCZ series 3 120GB

SSD /D: Samsung EVO 840 250GB

HDD: WD Green 2TB (This is the HDD I have problems with  :unsure: )

Erm, are you sure you didnt just defragment your ssd's?

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

You may be stuck with a dead drive. If it isn't dead, then this may be able to help

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Erm, are you sure you didnt just defragment your ssd's?

Yes, 110%  :) Also, the SSD's still have something in their bins.

You may be stuck with a dead drive. If it isn't dead, then this may be able to help

Yea, I'll try that if I'll be able to detect my HDD and format it or something  :) Thanks though

Would it damage the HDD if i turned on my pc and then plugged my HDD on?