Google Chrome is broken

The DongFather
Go to solution Solved by Opcode,

Uninstall it, and then remove any Google/Chrome folders from your %appdata% and Program Files directories (I delete old registry keys manually as well). Then re-install it.

I tried to install the 64 bit beta for Google Chrome yesterday but once id installed it wouldn't launch so I uninstalled it. Then i noticed that chrome wouldn't launch either so i re-installed it. Now Chrome won't open unless I right click the icon on the task bar and select "New Window" or find the .exe and run it as administrator. When I'm skyping my friends any links they send don't open either so I have to copy and paste the links after awkwardly opening Chrome. I've tried every fix I could find including re-installing multiple times and restarting my computer but it still doesn't work.

I tried to install the 64 bit beta for Google Chrome yesterday but once id installed it wouldn't launch so I uninstalled it. Then i noticed that chrome wouldn't launch either so i re-installed it. Now Chrome won't open unless I right click the icon on the task bar and select "New Window" or find the .exe and run it as administrator. When I'm skyping my friends any links they send don't open either so I have to copy and paste the links after awkwardly opening Chrome. I've tried every fix I could find including re-installing multiple times and restarting my computer but it still doesn't work.

Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?

Are you 100% sure you uninstalled all versions of chrome under Programs and Features in the Control Panel of Windows? If yes, try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Google and deleting any folders that have 'Chrome' in it's name.

Then install chrome again.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Uninstall it, then run a backup, then run a registry cleaner like CCleaner. Try installing again after that.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

Remove it and reinstall it.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I havent had any issues for mine, haven't installed the beta either.

I will say this, when I first got chrome it was retarded fast, but after a while it's begun to slow down, locks up for about 2-5 seconds when I first start it up, would really like to know why.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Are you 100% sure you uninstalled all versions of chrome under Programs and Features in the Control Panel of Windows? If yes, try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Google and deleting any folders that have 'Chrome' in it's name.

Then install chrome again.

The past 2 times I re-installed I deleted the chrome folder and then ran the control panel uninstaller to remove the shortcuts. So unfortunately that won't work :/

Uninstall it, then run a backup, then run a registry cleaner like CCleaner. Try installing again after Ok

OK I'll give it a go

Uninstall it, and then remove any Google/Chrome folders from your %appdata% and Program Files directories (I delete old registry keys manually as well). Then re-install it.

It worked! Cheers for the help. I didn't think of looking in %appdata% as well for chrome files.