Better for temps?

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Ok i Ran the tests, now the question is which setup is best? or doesn't it matter?

Looks like CPU went down by about 10 degrees and GPU temp went up by about 7

So the temps were pretty much what I expected. I'd suggest keeping the configuration that keeps the graphics card cooler since the cpu has quite a bit more headroom with temps. 

I have a H440 case with a 280mm CM AIO radiator at the top pulling air through the raid out the case so there are no other fans there beside the radiators ones.

I have 3 intake fans at the front

1 outtake fan at the back.

My CPu runs at 60 celces full load

My MSI 970 runs at about 72celces full load (Oc to 1500mhz)

Would the temps of my CPU and or GPU change much if i put the 3 fans pulling air out at the top and the radiator with the 2x140 fans pulling air through the radiator into the case?

Im asking this as the bend in my AIO tubes is big i think and would straighten the tubes more if the radiator was at the front. 

Fans

Front 3x SP120 quite PWM

Back 1x 140 Af quite

Raid 2x NF-A14 PWM

So stick with what i got?

Or

Swap the front and top around?

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

Try it out. It should lower your cpu temps since the air used to cool it is more fresh and raise your internal case temps including your graphics card since the heat is expelled into the case instead of being exhausted out the top. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Try it out. It should lower your cpu temps since the air used to cool it is more fresh and raise your internal case temps including your graphics card since the heat is expelled into the case instead of being exhausted out the top. 

Ok i Ran the tests, now the question is which setup is best? or doesn't it matter?

All Fans are controlled by MB

GPU is maxed clocked at 1500Mhz

Ran BF4 on same server which always has 64players

Settings are custom but DSR is at 4k res on 1080p monitor (FPS roughly 80)

Results where taken at 5min and 10min of playing using 4 different programs

Test 1: config

2x140 Fans at to pulling air through 280mm AIO rad out the case

3x120 Fans at front pulling air in the case

1x140 at back pulling air out the case

Test 2: config

2x140 Fans at front pulling air through 280mm AIO rad into the case

3x120 Fans at top pulling air out the case

1x140 at back pulling air out the case

Results

35bf8rd.jpg

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

So the temps were pretty much what I expected. I'd suggest keeping the configuration that keeps the graphics card cooler since the cpu has quite a bit more headroom with temps. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The second config with the slightly higher GPU temp provides a less of a bend in the CPU cooler tubes, I dont have a K CPu but am getting one soon and will OC it as well.

Since my GPU is at max OC can i run it at 82 degrees when gaming or should i change back to the other setup up or increase the GPU fan speed when gaming?

My GPu idel Temps are 55 degrees and 82 under load now.

MY OC is with default voltage.

The second config with the slightly higher GPU temp provides a less of a bend in the CPU cooler tubes, I dont have a K CPu but am getting one soon and will OC it as well.

Since my GPU is at max OC can i run it at 82 degrees when gaming or should i change back to the other setup up or increase the GPU fan speed when gaming?

My GPu idel Temps are 55 degrees and 82 under load now.

MY OC is with default voltage.

You can but lower graphics card temps would be preferable. 

You can but lower graphics card temps would be preferable. 

Thanks for the help.
I managed to get my temps down to 70 on my GPU and CPU to 43
I had my fans controlled by Asus Ai Suit 3 and it was on silent mode.
I made my own fan graphs now and when i game my 3x SP120 Quite edition PWM fans go to at least 80% pulling air out the top and the 1x AF140 quite edition at the back pulling air out to at least 80% power as well.
The Radiator fans iv turned up a little as well but not to as much

I found when i ran everything on full speed my GPU didn't go above 70 and the CPu didnt go above 42.

Is it bad to run the fans at full speed while gaming?