Corsair K70 RGB issues.

yourdad165

So I bought the Corsair K70 RGB with Cherry MX Brown key switches on September 27th. At first the keyboard worked perfectly, and was pretty satisfied with it. However after using it for 2 weeks the LEDs started freezing and the software kept crashing. I understand their software needs a lot of fixing but the keyboard was basically unusable aside from it's basic typing functionality. So I contacted Amazon and they offered to refund it completely, and now I have a choice. I can wait until they update the software or I can get my money back and wait until they fix up the hardware as well.

What would you guys do, I know a lot of you wouldn't even buy this keyboard in the first place but I would like to here your opinions. I use Razer products despite their negative reputation for being overpriced and cheaply manufactured. However I've never had problems with my Razer stuff, in fact it works perfectly for me all the time and the software is easy to use and never crashes. This was my first time ever using Corsair products and I am wondering if anyone knows what's wrong with my keyboard.

Is it really defective, I told Amazon that but I'm almost certain it's a software issue. My keyboard is now sitting in a box upstairs and is ready for UPS to pick it up sometime next week. I can still cancel the return because I really do love the keyboard. The Cherry MX Brown switches feel really nice after using blues which I also love.

All in all I have two options, I can return the keyboard and save my 200 dollars, and then in December I can purchase any newer model that may be out at that time. Or I can see if there is a way to fix it, and I can keep the keyboard.

So what do you guys think? Thanks for any help in advance. :)

Put a ticket in with Corsair, and see if they know anything about it.

If they can't solve it, return it and try a BlackWidow Chroma. As much as I hate it, it may not have a lot of issues. You will want the Stealth model, which has MX Brown equivalent switches.

If it doesn't work, wait for the next generation of MX RGB keyboards.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Put a ticket in with Corsair, and see if they know anything about it.

If they can't solve it, return it and try a BlackWidow Chroma. As much as I hate it, it may not have a lot of issues. You will want the Stealth model, which has MX Brown equivalent switches.

If it doesn't work, wait for the next generation of MX RGB keyboards.

Thanks, but I'd probably just get the regular Blackwidow. However I like your suggestion to get the next generation of RGB keyboards.