Budget build?= Gaming pc?

I know budget builds are a huge topic that pop up all the time. I'm kind of curious though; what is everyone's go to budget build?

I have personally been playing around on pcpp making different budget builds ($650 cap) doing so tonight made me wonder... What is considered a "Gaming" pc?
Now, I love games, I consider myself a gamer. I play across several platforms and such. However, When I try to (theoretically at-least. It sucks being broke) build a budget gaming rig, I aim for something that can handle most current/nextgen titles at around med-high~50-fps (if possible). Do you guys think that in order for it to be a "Gaming rig" it has to play ulta res 4k at 100fps?

. Do you guys think that in order for it to be a "Gaming rig" it has to play ulta res 4k at 100fps?

Absolutely not.

Anything an individual uses for gaming is a "gaming rig". 

No PC is capable of playing modern games (at least AAA titles) with 100fps ultra settings @ 4k, generally....yet.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

A gaming rig for me just means it can handle 45-60fps at medium at 1080p.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I think as long as you can play games on it, even if its at lowest settings at 30fps, on something like an APU, you can still call it a gaming PC, after all its a computer you can play games on.

I'm mainly asking this because I'm without an average gaming rig at the moment (Long story). I'm currently using:
Athlon IIx2- 3.1 processor
8GB DDR2 RAM
Geforce 240 (the 512, not the 1gb) GPU
and a Dell 0f896n MB

I'm playing a lot of games on it actually such as: LoL, SWTOR, PoE, DCUO and even Warframe on about mid-low settings pulling about 30-40fps. To me this is still a gaming rig, just not a very good one. (Probably because it was built out of spare parts when my last one decided to leave me for someone else <_<  )

Gaming rig is simply a computer that can play games. Generally thought of as a custom built computer made specifically for games however, it is not the exclusive definition for a gaming rig.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I think a gaming PC is a PC that is used to play games, usually at a comfortable level (At least 30 fps possibly).

It's been a while since Linus has done a  Gaming on a budget video. If i can build one out of spare parts (And more capable ones for $600 on pcpp) I wonder what Linus could come up with. I mean a legit budget build. Ebay offers/prices local stores etc. I'd love to see a video on what he could build with $600 and any vendor (that isn't giving it to him for free obviously).

A gaming rig is a PC that is built for the purpose of gaming. Thats why we refer to workstation pcs as a pc designed for work, typically in content creation.

How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.  :D

The phrase "gaming rig" is pretty subjective. I consider my laptop to be my "gaming rig" just because it can play the games I want to play at native resolution. It's not a freaking monster, but for what I use it for, it's perfect.

Do you guys think that in order for it to be a "Gaming rig" it has to play ulta res 4k at 100fps?

No.  

Most PC manufacturer's will label one for Gaming if it has a low-end or better discrete graphics card. 

But otherwise, MegaDave91 was right;  if you play games on it, it's a gaming computer.    Even if it's an Intel HD GPU.   

A few months ago I saw on the Steam hardware survey that the Intel HD 4000 is one of the most popular GPUs used by Steam customers.