Dark rock pro 3

Vivilacqua1

Hello! I was wondering about the Bequiet, dark rock pro 3 cpu cooler. Here are my questions:

1- How is the ram clearance on this cooler?

2- What are the average temps with an i7 4790k not oc'd?

3- whats your opinion on its beauty?

4- Decibels? (how loud will it be at 100% power?

I am asking these because i really love the look of it, and am a slight fanboy of bequiet. I have googled some of these, but i would like to hear the opinions/facts of this amazing community. Thanks!

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

RAM clearance is fine if you use standard height RAM.

Not sure

I love it I have one

It maxes out at 21.1 DBa

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 - Not sure, if it's anything like the Shadow Rock 2's clearance level you'll want low profile memory. Think it's around 32mm.

2 - Impossible to say, idle temp can't be lower than ambient, and there tends to be about a 10 degree difference. Load will be close to a Noctua NH-D14.

3 - Sexy as hell. Be Quiet is my favourite brand aesthetics wise.

4 - Fairly quiet, would say maybe 30-35dB at 100% fan speed tops. On paper sound levels are generally based on just the fans specs, and the standards for those very and aren't all that realistic. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/beQuiet/Dark_Rock_Pro3/7.html

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

I have crucial tactical tracer. im sure the answer will be no, but - will I be able to see any of the light given off of the led's?

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

I have crucial tactical tracer. im sure the answer will be no, but - will I be able to see any of the light given off of the led's?

You may have to raise the primary fan, or move it to the rear. Though the fin array apparently gives you 43mm of clearance, and the Tactical Tracers come in at 36mm.

And sadly you won't see anything directly.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

You may have to raise the primary fan, or move it to the rear. Though the fin array apparently gives you 43mm of clearance, and the Tactical Tracers come in at 36mm.

And sadly you won't see anything directly.

lol, thats kind of the whole point why i bought overpriced ram. will I have touuble adding another stick? (i belive i will have to remove the fan in the front to be able to, but not sure)

lol, thats kind of the whole point why i bought overpriced ram. will I have touuble adding another stick? (i belive i will have to remove the fan in the front to be able to, but not sure)

Based on the picture I'm looking at, you probably won't have access to the left most slot without removing the hole thing, though given what clearance you should have you may be able to manage it. But the other three you'll just need to remove the fan.

Also, what's you case. Given the funky way Be Quiet coolers mount you may have some issues there.