Kano Ships Its First 18,000 Learn-To-Code Computer Kits, Fueled By $1.5M Kickstarter

dayo26

Kano, has shipped the first 18,000 pre-ordered Learn-To-Code Computer Kits.  

Each Kano kit consists of a box containing computing hardware — a Raspberry Pi, Bluetooth keyboard, connector cables, speaker, Wi-Fi and so on — in a plug-and-play kit form with kid-friendly paper instructions on how to connect it all together

http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/27/kano-ships/

I love things like the Raspberry Pi but this makes it easier for kids and people who don't know much about computing to get into it a bit easier. It's probably also a really important step for Linux. Maybe schools could stop buying iPads and buy these instead so kids can actually learn something useful for once.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I love things like the Raspberry Pi but this makes it easier for kids and people who don't know much about computing to get into it a bit easier. It's probably also a really important step for Linux. Maybe schools could stop buying iPads and buy these instead so kids can actually learn something useful for once.

They have iPads these days? When I was in school we had like 10 dinky pc's that could barely stay on and we took turns learning how to type

On one hand I'm annoyed it took a pretty box for those people to pick up Raspberry Pis.

On the other hand I'm glad they have picked them up.

well we need more coders so its nice, im still new with coding but from what i understand is that its not easy so im not sure how younger people will react to it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I dunno about you guys, but I really freaking want that keyboard.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

tumblr_m76uwbFZBt1rziwwco1_250.gif

I'm not gonna lie, I looked kind of like that. And I'm entirely serious. I'd pay more for that keyboard than I did for my K400r, which is pretty much the exact same thing.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

I'm not gonna lie, I looked kind of like that. And I'm entirely serious. I'd pay more for that keyboard than I did for my K400r, which is pretty much the exact same thing.

So, Your a woman!

GUYS THERE'S GIRLS ON THE INTERNET!  ZOMG!

Because he had a hard drive.

So, Your a woman!

I'm actually not, I was just talking about excitement levels. Also, why would I be MR.squishy if I was a girl? 

Spoiler

I'm actually not, I was just talking about excitement levels. Also, why would I be MR.squishy if I was a girl? 

There can be Female Mr. Mime.  So yea...

fzsyt3a.png

There can be Female Mr. Mime.  So yea...

fzsyt3a.png

Seems legit. Anyway, I'm still not a girl.

Spoiler

Seems legit. Anyway, I'm still not a girl.

I already realized that.

*Edit*

What thread is this again?

So, Your a woman!

There are a couple of girls on the forum, but I won't say any names, they are really well disguised!

They have iPads these days? When I was in school we had like 10 dinky pc's that could barely stay on and we took turns learning how to type

They do, on the US there are tons and tons of schools that moved to iPads. When I was in school the PC room was just like you describe it, those big old noisy desktops with the TURBO button on the case (wasn't even routed to the mobo), and the teacher would get mad because we were constantly taking out the ball of the mouses.

For schools this is a great kit, low cost and actually really useful, I will purchase several thousands of this kits for my imaginary perfect country where I'm the leader.

Yea it's f*cking stupid.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard