Problem with oc?

Hitalio

Okay so i am going to try and explain this as clearly as i can.

I overclocked mi amd FX-6100 (3.3 ghz base) to 4.0ghz and 1.39 volts, did some test with prime 95, nothing crashed it worked perfectly.

But when i turn on my computer, it starts for about a second, and then turns off to inmediatly turn on again for about 3 seconds, and turn off again.

After that it turns on just fine.

Anyone knows what might be happening? It is really annyoing.

My specs are: Gigabyte 970a-ud3p/ AMD FX-6100/ Sentey ERP750-SS 750W (i know its a shitty psu, but it is what i have)

do u hear any post beeps?  try clearing the cmos and restarting

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

do u hear any post beeps?  try clearing the cmos and restarting

No sounds, just as i described. What does de cmos do?

Turn off the PSU and wall socket, pull out the Cmos Battery and wait a few minuets, Plug the CMOS batter back in. Turn everything on and your MB should reset its OC and be fixed.

No sounds, just as i described. What does de cmos do?

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

Turn off the PSU and wall socket, pull out the Cmos Battery and wait a few minuets, Plug the CMOS batter back in. Turn everything on and your MB should reset its OC and be fixed.

Will this downgrade my cpu to 3.3 ghz? Because if that happens i could just manually turn everything to factory speeds and have no problems at all

yes it will. but are u sure the OC failed and thats why it resets to load defaults? check in the OS if the OC is active.

Will this downgrade my cpu to 3.3 ghz? Because if that happens i could just manually turn everything to factory speeds and have no problems at all

yes it will. but are u sure the OC failed and thats why it resets to load defaults? check in the OS if the OC is active.

I am currently in stock speeds, but when overclocked the speed showed in the os and in the bios, everything worked perfectly except for that little startup problem

Try increasing your CPU voltage a bit. You can't trust Prime95 in real processing, because it doesn't necessary stress your cpu to max in every aspect.