Problem with DisplayPort with my new PB298Q

Yesterday my new monitor arrived (it's awsome, upgrading from 1440x900 to 2560x1080 is unreal), I mounted it and attached it to my 780 with the DisplayPort that comes with the monitor. I used it for gaming and watching film for all the evening, but this morning when I turned on the PC the display said "No DisplayPort Signal", so I tried my old monitor with dvi and it worked right away, next I tried the new monitor with dvi and it's working right now... 
The question I'm asking you guys now, how can I select my video output of my graphic card goes to DP and not DVI? I searched for it in NVIDIA control panel but it only makes me change the audio source. It's probably a stupid question but I've never had experience with the DisplayPort standard.
Thanks in advance,
steleo96

does the monitor have a setting to switch between DisplayPort 1.1/1.2/1.3?

█ 

I had the same thing it was the cable. I got a new one and works fine now.

CPU: 4690k - 4.5@1.29v  GPU: GTX 780ti - core +100 / Mem+350 Motherboard: Asus Z97-A  SSD: 256Gb 840 Evo HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB  RAM: Corsair Vengance Pro 2x4Gb  Case: White H440  PSU: RM850  Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60

Same issue but with a 290x. I thought it was my gpu but seems like it's either the cable or the monitor itself

Fortunately the monitor came with 1x DisplayPort cable 1x HDMI cable and 1x Dual link DVI cable. But I'm still not really sure if it's the cable.

• 1 month later...

this mite work it happen to me twice , the first time i returned the monitor after buying new cables trying my two pc and old monitor to figure out what was the problem . i thought it was a bad port on the monitor because everything worked on everything else. it just happen to me again and i think i know what makes it happen, both times its when i left my pc on  in sleep mode over night , when i try it in morning just like you it said  "no sign.......

ok, this just worked for me right know, unplug power cord for  like 10 mins then re plug it in and try it, hopefully it work for you .

hopefully you dont have to call asus help line, sh**, i was on hold for like an hour before i gave up and just returned my first monitor 

ps i have bad grammar sorry

• 4 months later...

Fortunately the monitor came with 1x DisplayPort cable 1x HDMI cable and 1x Dual link DVI cable. But I'm still not really sure if it's the cable.

Hi guys! Issue identical anomaly on displayport and this specifical monitor.

In primis clarify that Hdmi and dvi work very well.

So, some days ago, I have got an identical solution indicate at the last reply of this thread, to recover signal over dp after this curious no signal message of monitor.

Today, after many attempt to recover the signal, after "ten minutes lucky", I plug in the cable dp on gpu and...Boo! abnormal soft reboot of motherboard :|

After to read this topic, and understanding my bad experience I hope that the cable dp "on stock" with monitor is defect! I don't think that the gpu or monitor have got an hardware brick (the reboot seems a security safety of mobo). Tomorrow i will buy a new cable dp and try again.

See u