Use USB 16 GB Flash Drive with Wii U

DeViLzzz

Now I see elsewhere it saying there is no problem in using a USB Flash Drive with a Wii U but the question I ask fellow Wii U users is can we download a file of any file type to the external storage even though it is something the Wii U will not recognize and then we take our USB Flash Drive and plug it into a pc and pull the file or files off it?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

No, in order to use USB storage with the WiiU it needs to be formatted to Nintendo's secret proprietary format.

This is my understanding of it, I haven't tried it myself. I do know there is a nag screen for any plugged in usb storage that isn't formatted.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

No, in order to use USB storage with the WiiU it needs to be formatted to Nintendo's secret proprietary format.

This is my understanding of it, I haven't tried it myself. I do know there is a nag screen for any plugged in usb storage that isn't formatted.

Eh it was simple to format but yes it had to be formatted to Nintendo's secret proprietary format.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S