Current build - To upgrade or Not?

Joeygiggles

So I posted a topic about possibly making a new build looking for some input and I would like to say thanks for those who did. Now that I keep researching and going a little further down the rabbit hole I'm starting to wonder if I really have to upgrade. Here is my current set up

CPU -  Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz

MOBO - ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel

Memory -  CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) 

Video - EVGA GTX580 Superclocked

PSU -  CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W

Cooling -  CORSAIR Hydro H70

Storage -  SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 ST1000DM005/HD103SJ 1TBCorsair Force CSSD-F120GB2-BRKT 2.5" 120GB SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC256B/WW 2.5" 256GB

Case -  Cooler Master HAF X

As much as I like building a new PC and would love to get my hands on newer parts and make a solid Gaming/Streaming PC, could I get what I want out of this?

Really the only thing that I would say requires upgrading is the graphics card (and even that might not be necessary depending on the games you play). The rest is all still perfectly fine. You probably won't see a huge return in performance for the CPU/RAM etc until skylake at least.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Nice build you got i love the 580 :)

there is no need to upgrade unless you play demanding games like crisis,bf4 then upgrade the gpu.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

If you get a proper CPU cooler to OC the I7-2600k and maybe upgrade the graphics card to something like an R9 290, GTX 760 or R9 280x (Much better choice than the GTX 760) then you will be set until skylake at the very least.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

If you get a proper CPU cooler to OC the I7-2600k and maybe upgrade the graphics card to something like an R9 290, GTX 760 or R9 280x (Much better choice than the GTX 760) then you will be set until skylake at the very least.

This is what I was thinking. I am going to do a whole clean of my PC programs, internal cleaning, everything.

I'm more of a NV fan myself lol so I will most likely be sticking with a GTX 700 series. For cooling what would you recommend? 

This is what I was thinking. I am going to do a whole clean of my PC programs, internal cleaning, everything.

I'm more of a NV fan myself lol so I will most likely be sticking with a GTX 700 series. For cooling what would you recommend? 

Unless you are willing to pay extra money for the GTX 780 I really really do not recommend it. The GTX 760 is about the same price as an R9 280x and the GTX 760 gets beaten severely by the 280x. For cooling I recommend a Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO for a cheap but very effective option. Otherwise BE quiet dark rock pro 3, Noctua NH-D15 or Corsair H100i/H105 with SP120's or Noctua NF-F12's.

I agree, but even with a 760 he will not be disappointed ( i have 2 :) )

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

As far as GPU goes I am looking at 770 or 780, still undecided on that. Most highly graphical game would be BF4. 

EDIT - Will the overclocking of the CPU help with Streaming as well?