Need a sick Z79 (LGA1055) Board!

What up guys?

I currently have the i7-2600K which I'll be using for another year or so. I have an old P67 board and need a bridging until I upgrade the CPU.

I'd like to have good audio quality and Enough USB ports on the back. (A USB 3.0 internal header would be highly appreciated)

Another point: Not to colourful but rather simple would be nice. :)

These boards might be tough to come by but I'd go for a Z77 Sabertooth by ASUS or a GA-Z77-UD5H from Gigabyte

yeah a Z79 socket 1155 board would indeed realy be sick

lol whut ? :D

I suppose you mean a Z77 board right?

These boards might be tough to come by but I'd go for a Z77 Sabertooth by ASUS or a GA-Z77-UD5H from Gigabyte

yeah a Z79 socket 1155 board would indeed realy be sick

lol whut ? :D

haha shit ^^ Definetly fucked it up there. Of course i meant Z77 :D

Apparently none of them are available where i live (Switzerland). Is the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H not that good?

is there a site from which you wanne buy?

Its easier for me to look for a board, since its getiing harder and harder to find s1155 boards in general.

z79 on the lga 1055 socket? is that new or something? xD

is there a site from which you wanne buy?

Its easier for me to look for a board, since its getiing harder and harder to find s1155 boards in general.

Most of the time this is my site to go with: https://www.digitec.ch/en/

z79 on the lga 1055 socket? is that new or something? xD

BANTER! Understood it for now ;)

https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/asrock-z97-extreme6-lga-1150-z97-atx-motherboard-2585399

Lots of features, dual LAN (1 intel, 1 realtek), ultra m.2 SSD (only z97 board with this feature), many many more.

Pretty cheap for what you get. I am rocking a z87 extreme4 in my bros rig and it's been great until now (been a year).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

do you have a max price in mind?

i still see allot of nice boards on there :)

No direct price limit, but as you can tell I'd like to spend not too much when I upgrade in a year or so. :)

https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/asrock-z97-extreme6-lga-1150-z97-atx-motherboard-2585399

Lots of features, dual LAN (1 intel, 1 realtek), ultra m.2 SSD (only z97 board with this feature), many many more.

Pretty cheap for what you get. I am rocking a z87 extreme4 in my bros rig and it's been great until now (been a year).

Did you read the OP?

an i7-2600K sandybridge socket 1155 cpu, is not gonne work on that Z97 board you posted ;)

No direct price limit, but as you can tell I'd like to spend not too much when I upgrade in a year or so. :)

okay then i have 2 boards for you in mind :)

1. https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/asrock-z77-oc-formula-lga-1155-intel-z77-e-atx-motherboard-401075?tagIds=76
  2. https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/asrock-z77-extreme6-lga-1155-intel-z77-atx-motherboard-306343?tagIds=76

THese 2 boards are realy decent in my opinnion, the Asrock Z77 OC Formula is offcourse Asrocks top end board, but the EXtreme 6 is good aswell.

Reason why i dont vote for the Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H board, is that i am personaly not a big fan of older Gigabyte stuff, also in my opinnion theire bios whas a mess.

Next to that, there is not heatspreader on the top of the boards vrm and chokes parts.

I know Jay2Cents had the OC Formula in his 3770K rig, and was realy happy with it.

why do you even want to change the board. does it lack a feature you need? because otherwise, youre just wasting money

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Did you read the OP?

and i7-2600K sandybridge socket 1155 cpu, is not gonne work on that Z97 board you posted ;)

xD Oops.

Ud3H gets my vote then.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

okay then i have 2 boards for you in mind :)

1. https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/asrock-z77-oc-formula-lga-1155-intel-z77-e-atx-motherboard-401075?tagIds=76
  2. https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/asrock-z77-extreme6-lga-1155-intel-z77-atx-motherboard-306343?tagIds=76

THese 2 boards are realy decent in my opinnion, the Asrock Z77 OC Formula is offcourse Asrocks top end board, but the EXtreme 6 is good aswell.

Reason why i dont vote for the Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H board, is that i am personaly not a big fan of older gigabyte stuff.

Next to that, there is not heatspreader on the top of the boards vrm and chokes parts.

I know JayZ2Cents had the OC Formula in his 3770K rig, and was realy happy with it.

The first is slightly overpriced for what I need it and the second one has a lack of USB ports on the back :(

The first is slightly overpriced for what I need it and the second one has a lack of USB ports on the back :(

The extreme 6 has 4 usb 3.0 ports on the back, + a usb 3.0 header.

You get an included pci-e bracked with 2 extra ports which you could connect to the internal header.

Or you could choose the use the usb3.0 header for your front usb 3.0 ports. (if your current case has those)

6 usb 3.0 ports in total

The extreme 6 has 4 usb 3.0 ports on the back, + a usb 3.0 header.

You get an included pci-e bracked with 2 extra ports which you could connect to the internal header.

Or you could choose the use the usb3.0 header for your front usb 3.0 ports. (if your current case has those)

6 usb 3.0 ports in total

Sadly I'm not that satisfied with that solution. I definetly need more USB ports. 

Would you might consider to upgrade the CPU now aswell? Is the LGA1150 future proof? 

Sadly I'm not that satisfied with that solution. I definetly need more USB ports. 

Would you might consider to upgrade the CPU now aswell? Is the LGA1150 future proof? 

Future proof not realy. Broadwell will be the last cpu that is comming next year for socket 1150.

Also if you want more then 6 usb 3.0 ports on a Z97 board, you also need to look to the more expensive catogory of boards

• 2 weeks later...

Future proof not realy. Broadwell will be the last cpu that is comming next year for socket 1150.

Also if you want more then 6 usb 3.0 ports on a Z97 board, you also need to look to the more expensive catogory of boards

Sorry for the long time. I think I've made my decision. Do you think the AsRock Z77 Extreme4 will be enough for now? 

Sorry for the long time. I think I've made my decision. Do you think the AsRock Z77 Extreme4 will be enough for now? 

Yes sure or the Extreme 6 :)