Best budget FM2+ A88X mobo?

I'm building a rig for a friend on a budget, so I've decided on an Athlon X4 760K on an FM2+ socket, in case he wants to upgrade his CPU later (and AMD release new FM2+ processors), with a GTX 750 Ti

I also want to go A88X, as I'll be able to overclock as his case will have good airflow and I'll be throwing a Hyper 212 Evo on there.

What's the best budget A88X board? Any size will do.

Or, is A85X a better option? I don't think the motherboards are much cheaper

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I'm building a rig for a friend on a budget, so I've decided on an Athlon X4 760K on an FM2+ socket, in case he wants to upgrade his CPU later (and AMD release new FM2+ processors), with a GTX 750 Ti

I also want to go A88X, as I'll be able to overclock as his case will have good airflow and I'll be throwing a Hyper 212 Evo on there.

Honestly dude, go Intel.  You can get him a Pentium + Z97 motherboard for $99.  Might be more for mATX, but it will give him better performance and more upgradability in the future.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Honestly dude, go Intel.  You can get him a Pentium + Z97 motherboard for $99.  Might be more for mATX, but it will give him better performance and more upgradability in the future.

I live in the UK, so factor in VAT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I live in the UK, so factor in VAT

Ahh, maybe edit the original post to include this.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Or, is A85X a better option? I don't think the motherboards are much cheaper

why dont you go with an APU get an AMD GPU

and how much so you want to pay in total?

I've used the A88X-DS2 in builds before and it's pretty no-thrills, but it doesn't suck. I got it for £35.

In terms of overclocking it could do around 1.425v (it uses offsets however) and you'll need to find a llc that works for you.