Plasti-Dip Method?

chargerjake

Hey people of LTT Forums,

I watched Linus' video on Plasti Dipping PC parts, and I was wondering if you could do it for the exterior of cases? Since it's on the outside, I don't think it will matter because it won't be in contact with the parts? I want to paint the front panel of the NZXT Source 210 case, front being the panel over the fans where the drive bays are, etc. Is it possible to paint a case with plasti dip?

Thanks for the help guys. 

PC SETUP: | i5-4440 3.1 GHz | MSI Z97s Krait | EVGA GTX 970 | G.Skill Value 8GB | WDC Blue 500GB | NZXT S340

MOBILE SETUP: | Apple iPhone 6 | iOS 10b4 | Apple Watch Stainless Steel w/ Black Sport Band | WatchOS 3b4

Steam: chargerjake | Origin: chargerjake

Definitely possible. Donr forget that plastidip is also easily removed, so if you mess up on the first try, you can just peel it off an try again. You should use at least 4-5 coats for the best results

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

You can do it on anything you want. A lot of people paint their cars and/or car parts with it and it survives automatic car washes. Plasti-dip will do just fine and you don't have to prepare the surface apart from giving it a good clean then coat the area you want a couple of times until it covers nicely. Also Plasti-dip is non-conductive so no worries.

You sure can, pretty much an identical process 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Check out dipyoucar on youtube, Fonzi previously plasti dipped his i pad and gave it a carbon fiber look. I just finished plasti dipping my truck bumpers, the stuff is easy to use, cleans up easily and it's cheap.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Plastidip is the ghetto-fabulous way to trick out your car nowadays. Never heard of it on PCs before.

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Mobile: Nexus 6P (current)  - Razer Blade 256 GB Laptop