Is a PSU supposed to make any noise without fans

TheRagingGamer

I just took my old cheap 20€ PSU unplugged all the fans and jump started it. Its making some noise like coil whine, and it goes away when i hit it a litle 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

Hitting it won't make it better. What PSU are we talking about exactly? I probably wouldn't hook anything to it other than maybe some LEDs or a water pump for testing/draining.

who cares...

Hitting it won't make it better. What PSU are we talking about exactly? I probably wouldn't hook anything to it other than maybe some LEDs or a water pump for testing/draining.

MS Industrial KY-400ATX P4

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

MS Industrial KY-400ATX P4

I personally wouldn't trust it. That coil whine is not making it better. What do you plan to power with it?

who cares...

I personally wouldn't trust it. That coil whine is not making it better. What do you plan to power with it?

my old PC witch has it for over 5 years now. intel c2d e4600 and Gigabyte GeForce 8600 GT

my old PC witch has it for over 5 years now. intel c2d e4600 and Gigabyte GeForce 8600 GT

Did the coil whine just start now or why did you take it out in the first place? For that system it's okayi guess.

who cares...

Did the coil whine just start now or why did you take it out in the first place? For that system it's okayi guess.

i cleaned, and i don't know when it started becuse i never opened it 

I guess if you don't care for the components then I suppose it will do. But to me it sounds like its on its way out and may fry those components. So I would say go for a cheap PSU from a reputable brand (e.g. Corsiar, they sell some cheaper models) if you want to keep using that old PC.

I guess if you don't care for the components then I suppose it will do. But to me it sounds like its on its way out and may fry those components. So I would say go for a cheap PSU from a reputable brand (e.g. Corsiar, they sell some cheaper models) if you want to keep using that old PC.

as far as i know those psu that fry your pc are the ones you get for free with a $20 case. And this psu has been getting mostly good reviews.Also i had some shit psu and none of them killed anything even tho they went down in in some strainge ways