Watercooling mounting options on H440

Hello guys!

I'm thinking of watercooling my (planned upgraded)rig in the future. Unfortunately, it's very expensive to buy components outside of our country from frozencpu.com . So I'm thinking of buying an EK-KIT H30 240 HFX(which is available here in my country) then get a slim 360mm rad(possibly 30mm thick) and some rigid tubing and compression fittings from outside of the country. I'm worried of the pump and reservoir mounting options inside the case(I wouldn't worry much if the kit has a pump/reservoir combo which it's not T_T ).

Any suggestions?

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

@vern021

the HFX kits are showing end of life, so they are pretty much on a close out.

another is the HFX kits are 64mm thick radiators (using the XTX) not 30mm (the

new PE radiator). so you might see about the EK-KIT L360 instead, unless you

are planning to use the radiator in the front intake in place of the HDD use.

the pump/res combo is a popularly used setup. floor mount or add to HDD tray

(to save on tube routing). save the rigid tubing for an upgrade than a starter to

get the system built instead of prolonging the startup with issues.

@vern021

the HFX kits are showing end of life, so they are pretty much on a close out.

another is the HFX kits are 64mm thick radiators (using the XTX) not 30mm (the

new PE radiator). so you might see about the EK-KIT L360 instead, unless you

are planning to use the radiator in the front intake in place of the HDD use.

the pump/res combo is a popularly used setup. floor mount or add to HDD tray

(to save on tube routing). save the rigid tubing for an upgrade than a starter to

get the system built instead of prolonging the startup with issues.

I'm thinking of 360 on the front and a 240 on the top. I'm concerned of the compatibility of the 360mm rad at the top. thinking of 45mm 240rad then 30mm 360rad. can I get away on putting a 45mm 360rad at the top and a 240 30mm at the front? and does the l360 includes a pump/res combo?

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

@vern021

would be the first, but you'd want the most in the front (360) and secondary (240/280)

in the roof.

using the EK lineup (availability) use the XT 240/280 in the roof and XTX 360 in the

front. this way you have the coolest air going to the largest surface (360). coupled

with 800-1200rpm fans will not exceed the front panel ports, remain quiet and cool.

the 240/280 with matching or slightly higher fan speeds to cleanup or pre-cool.

so you are thinking of SLI/CFX?

@vern021

would be the first, but you'd want the most in the front (360) and secondary (240/280)

in the roof.

using the EK lineup (availability) use the XT 240/280 in the roof and XTX 360 in the

front. this way you have the coolest air going to the largest surface (360). coupled

with 800-1200rpm fans will not exceed the front panel ports, remain quiet and cool.

the 240/280 with matching or slightly higher fan speeds to cleanup or pre-cool.

so you are thinking of SLI/CFX?

yep probably 2 290s or the gtx "880s" with an intel 1150 socket 4790k/4690k or the broadwell. I'm going to use noctua fans or bitfenix spectre pro led fans in my build. :) But this project is going to be step by step. Going to start maybe next year but I'll buy the case this month(to put my current system in it) then buy the 1150 board by december

Spoiler

@airdeano

I'm currently looking at the XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 and I think it's better than the EK kit(I'll just buy a Define R4 xD). Will the rigid (tubing) fittings be compatible with it? (thinking of the primochill revolver/ghost compression fittings).

Spoiler

@vern021

the R4 is a good case, but not for SLI/CFX water cooling. the arc midi R2 is a far

better case for water cooling. the EX240 would be a good CPU loop. i wouldn't

spend a lot of time/money on rigid lining until you get the basics of water cooling

understood, first.

@vern021

the R4 is a good case, but not for SLI/CFX water cooling. the arc midi R2 is a far

better case for water cooling. the EX240 would be a good CPU loop. i wouldn't

spend a lot of time/money on rigid lining until you get the basics of water cooling

understood, first.

D1YUzoF.png

OI0wRHX.png

This is my planned cooling components in the h440. Might get a 120mm universal pump mount instead. xD

Spoiler