Unicomp EnduraPro Short Review

kuddlesworth9419

Pro's

Great clickiness

Nipple and mouse buttons work great

Great build quality

The caps have two layers so you can take off the top layer to clean it easily.

Con's

The frame is a tad loose, it has give when you twist it

Bit pricey but it's a niche keyboard for the niche keyboard market. No one buys these keyboard. 

The USB cable cannot be taken off unless you take the keyboard apart which will likely void your warranty. 

The packaging was a bit lackluster. 

Conclusion

I love it so far and I likely will. It is only the start of my keyboard collection. My fist being the Trigger Storm which is now my nighttime keyboard. I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an IBM Model M/13 keyboard as it's more modern. 

post-15026-0-27590100-1406903731_thumb.j

post-15026-0-30427000-1406903752_thumb.j

post-15026-0-61737800-1406903762_thumb.j

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

This reminds me, I have to get around to fixing my Model M... Anyway, I'd love to see some pics, is it much different from a standard Model M?

This reminds me, I have to get around to fixing my Model M... Anyway, I'd love to see some pics, is it much different from a standard Model M?

It is a remake of the Model M13 which is a black version of the Model M but with a nipple to the right of the "G" and with two mouse buttons. I will post some pics just for you.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It's in the reviews section. News and Reviews.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

It is a remake of the Model M13 which is a black version of the Model M but with a nipple to the right of the "G" and with two mouse buttons. I will post some pics just for you.

Sounds awesome, thanks.

It's in the reviews section. News and Reviews.

But there is a member review section that would fit your post a little better. Not a necessary change but it would be a tad better.

I like this style of review though. Straight to the point and informative.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

But there is a member review section that would fit your post a little better. Not a necessary change but it would be a tad better.

I like this style of review though. Straight to the point and informative.

I work so I really don't have that much time but I really wanted to post something as there really are not many reviews on this keyboard. Also maybe there needs to be a specific review section.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Sounds awesome, thanks.

Pics are there now. I can post more if you want like the back and stuff.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Pics are there now. I can post more if you want like the back and stuff.

That looks pretty sweet, I wish my Model M was working, buckling springs feel awesome to type on.

That looks pretty sweet, I wish my Model M was working, buckling springs feel awesome to type on.

It does take a little getting used to I have to say. On my Trigger Storm it has another rom on the right for macro keys so trying to type on this means I miss a few keys now and then or get the wrong one. But once I have gotten used to it I should be fine. What I am doing is using my EnduraPro for daytime stuff and my Trigger Storm for nighttime stuff as the EnduraPro doesn't have a backlight which is fine but I think it would have been really cool if you could have gotten a model that had LED backlighting. Also I think the reason why the frame/shell is a little loose is because it makes it easier to take the frame apart. But still I think for £124.80 the keyboard was a little expensive but I guess buckling springs are expensive to manufacture which I can understand. Also the nipple measure was also quite expensive. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

It does take a little getting used to I have to say. On my Trigger Storm it has another rom on the right for macro keys so trying to type on this means I miss a few keys now and then or get the wrong one. But once I have gotten used to it I should be fine. What I am doing is using my EnduraPro for daytime stuff and my Trigger Storm for nighttime stuff as the EnduraPro doesn't have a backlight which is fine but I think it would have been really cool if you could have gotten a model that had LED backlighting. Also I think the reason why the frame/shell is a little loose is because it makes it easier to take the frame apart. But still I think for £124.80 the keyboard was a little expensive but I guess buckling springs are expensive to manufacture which I can understand. Also the nipple measure was also quite expensive. 

Yeah there are definitely some sacrifices going with a retro style keyboard. I got mine for free, otherwise I don't think I'd ever pay full price for one, they're neat and all, but my Quickfire TK is more than enough. And yeah the nipple thing looks fun to play with as well  ^_^ Do you actually use it or do you just like it for the novelty?

Yeah there are definitely some sacrifices going with a retro style keyboard. I got mine for free, otherwise I don't think I'd ever pay full price for one, they're neat and all, but my Quickfire TK is more than enough. And yeah the nipple thing looks fun to play with as well  ^_^ Do you actually use it or do you just like it for the novelty?

I bought it for novelty because it's very unique. But because it actually works pretty well I do use it when I feel like t for a about a minute. It all works in Linux as well.

(\__/)

(='.'=)