NVIDIA graphics card compatibility for SLI

Hello all,

I had a quick question.

I currently have 2 780 Classifieds (EVGA) in SLI.

If I were to add another one, would it have to be a classified version as well? Or would I be able to throw a SC version in there just fine?

What about adding an 6gb version?

How far outside of the exact card can I go, before SLI will have issues? I know NVIDIA has to be more precise than AMD, but how far?

Thanks for any answers :)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

You can add any 780 from any manufacturer, it just has to be a 780 and if you were to get a 6GB 780 you would be limited to 3GB, because that is what the other 780s have

it might work, but you probably have to get another classified because the pcb is different, might be me but the size differences would drive me crazy

OAS || AAS || LLS

It would be recommended to get a third Classified because if you get another card chances are it won't be able to clock as high as your other two. Besides that there really is no other problems with putting any old GTX 780 as the third card. If you decide to get a GTX 780 6GB (since there is no 8GB version) you would be limited to using 3GB of memory. There have been instances when people have tried to put two cards of the same type with different VRAM amounts and weren't able to get the cards to work together. For that reason you should just stick to a 780 3GB version since getting the 6GB won't assist you at all. 

recent nVidia driver have disabled the ability to SLi same card with different VRAM capacity

confirm by nVidia Staff themselves

stupid IMO

AMD don't care about it 

I can mix a 270X 2GB with a 270X 4GB or 270 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.