Unexpected shutdowns and bad performance

Hey forum, I come to you with a problem.

I've known that something is wrong with my computer for a while now. I started to notice that none of the games I play are smooth and I don't get the performance I should be getting, I get horrible drops in framerate like being in the 60s and suddenly bam! 40, even in League of Legends, also my gpu load is stupidly low playing BF4. Mantle refuses to work at all, it's a stutter fest, I even upgraded to Windows 8.1 to see if that would fix the problem, nope it did not.

Now my computer has been shutting down when in load, at first I thought it was temps obviously but yesterday I made a little experiment, opened up a bunch of programs and games like BF4, Unigine Valley, a ton of tabs in firefox, spotify, steam, origin etc... and monitored temps with hardware monitor. none of them high enough for shutting down:

CPU 50°C

GPU 72°C

HDD 42°C

Temperature #1 57°C

Temperature #2 75°C

Temperature #3 54°C

But it did shutdown after a little while. I should also mention that my FX 6300 doesn't overclock past 4GHz, It needs a stupidly high voltage, with Turbo enabled and all cores at 3.8 it's fluctuating between 1.41v and 1.43v so I'm thinking it could be my power supply dying, or something is really wrong with the motherboard.

My system:

CPU: FX 6300

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46

RAM: 2 sticks of Kingston blu 4GB 1600MHz

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB

GPU: R9 270X Toxic

PSU: KingWin ABT-650MM

What could it be?

That is kind of a cheapo PSU. Wouldn't be surprised if that.

Can't be software because you already upgraded windows.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Hey forum, I come to you with a problem.

I've known that something is wrong with my computer for a while now. I started to notice that none of the games I play are smooth and I don't get the performance I should be getting, I get horrible drops in framerate like being in the 60s and suddenly bam! 40, even in League of Legends, also my gpu load is stupidly low playing BF4. Mantle refuses to work at all, it's a stutter fest, I even upgraded to Windows 8.1 to see if that would fix the problem, nope it did not.

Now my computer has been shutting down when in load, at first I thought it was temps obviously but yesterday I made a little experiment, opened up a bunch of programs and games like BF4, Unigine Valley, a ton of tabs in firefox, spotify, steam, origin etc... and monitored temps with hardware monitor. none of them high enough for shutting down:

CPU 50°C

GPU 72°C

HDD 42°C

Temperature #1 57°C

Temperature #2 75°C

Temperature #3 54°C

But it did shutdown after a little while. I should also mention that my FX 6300 doesn't overclock past 4GHz, It needs a stupidly high voltage, with Turbo enabled and all cores at 3.8 it's fluctuating between 1.41v and 1.43v so I'm thinking it could be my power supply dying, or something is really wrong with the motherboard.

My system:

CPU: FX 6300

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46

RAM: 2 sticks of Kingston blu 4GB 1600MHz

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB

GPU: R9 270X Toxic

PSU: KingWin ABT-650MM

What could it be?

Like it has already been said, I too have a gut feeling that it is your PSU. There's a possibility that it isn't, but I would still recommend you get a better PSU as soon as you are able. Johnnyguru seems to have the best, most thorough reviews around. EVGA has been knocking it out of the park with their G2 line lately...