PHP Object to Array help

Judahnator
Go to solution Solved by Aho,

First of all, $OBJECT is a JSON array, but it is invalid JSON. The JSON spec doesn't allow single quotes so json_decode will likely fail.

To begin, fix $OBJECT:

$OBJECT = '[{"type":"IRON_BOOTS","damage":153},{"type":"IRON_LEGGINGS","damage":153},{"type":"IRON_CHESTPLATE","damage":153},{"type":"IRON_HELMET","damage":153}]';

Decode it to a PHP object:

$foo = json_decode($OBJECT);

Access the values:
for ($i = 0; $i < count($foo); $i++){    echo $foo[$i]->type;    echo $foo[$i]->damage;}

Output (no line breaks):

IRON_BOOTS153IRON_LEGGINGS153IRON_CHESTPLATE153IRON_HELMET153

Unless I made a few typos, this will work fine.

To give a little background, i have a MineCraft server and am working on a way to display a persons inventory on its website.

I am using THIS plugin to write a players inventory to my database, and THIS page shows what has been written to the database (all personal information has been removed).

Everything in the content and armor cells are a single object, i need to break it apart to use the contents of each bracket individually. For example, i would like to break

THIS

$OBJECT="[{'type':'IRON_BOOTS','damage':153},{'type':'IRON_LEGGINGS','damage':153},{'type':'IRON_CHESTPLATE','damage':153},{'type':'IRON_HELMET','damage':153}]";

into THIS

$OBJECT[1]="{'type':'IRON_LEGGINGS','damage':153}";
$OBJECT[2]="{'type':'IRON_CHESTPLATE','damage':153}";
$OBJECT[3]="{'type':'IRON_HELMET','damage':153}]";

$OBJECT[0]="[{'type':'IRON_BOOTS','damage':153}";

Does anyone know how i could accomplish this? Or something similar enough to it for me to make use of the data?

Thanks

~Judah

Can I just check one thing... you realise that this data is in JSON format right?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

First of all, $OBJECT is a JSON array, but it is invalid JSON. The JSON spec doesn't allow single quotes so json_decode will likely fail.

To begin, fix $OBJECT:

$OBJECT = '[{"type":"IRON_BOOTS","damage":153},{"type":"IRON_LEGGINGS","damage":153},{"type":"IRON_CHESTPLATE","damage":153},{"type":"IRON_HELMET","damage":153}]';

Access the values:
for ($i = 0; $i < count($foo); $i++){    echo $foo[$i]->type;    echo $foo[$i]->damage;}

Output (no line breaks):

To begin, fix $OBJECT:

Access the values:

Output (no line breaks):

Thanks a ton, ill update that page soon with the altered code

~Judah