Func MS-3

Ethanololol

I just got my Func MS-3 in the mail today and I thought I'd give a short review. Product Page

Pros:

Ergonomic design and rubberized coating is EXTREMELY comfortable.

Customizable RGB LEDs that can also pulsate

10 buttons, which can all be set to various functions and macros with the included software

SEGUE

The customizing software is very nice. Everything was easy to find and change to my liking

3 profiles you can set up for different scenarios. (I have one in set up for general use, and another for controlling my media)

Cons: There wasn't a whole lot I could find wrong with the mouse, save for a few minor complaints:

Not all of the lights are customizable. The scroll wheel and aim button on the side can be changed, but the lights that signal your DPI setting is stuck as a red/orange color

The cable is just a bit short. Barely makes it to the back of my computer. Plugged it into the USB hub on my keyboard instead.

If you try to change your profile using the default button, there is a high chance that you will hit the right click as well. Clicking both of these causes the right click to stick unless it is unplugged and plugged back in. I have contacted them to see if there is a fix. EDIT: Func has responded saying they have informed their software engineers of this issue.

Other thoughts:

The awkward shape of the mouse takes some getting used to, but in a matter of hours I had already grown accustomed to it.

My hand is about 4 inches wide and about 7 inches from my fingertips to my wrist. I usually handle my mouse with a hybrid palm/claw grip. If this is similar to you and you are looking for a new mouse, I highly recommend this one.

yay i wanted to get this mouse so bad and now that i know its good, i will get it.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

The cable is just a bit short. Barely makes it to the back of my computer.

Really, for me it is quite substantially on the 'too long' side lol. Have to trace the cable under the weight of my DAC to not get excess wire in the front. I don't think there are many mice with longer cables.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The shape looks really comfortable and the colour scheme looks like it would go well with the new gigabyte z87 boards, orange black scheme anyone?

The shape looks really comfortable and the colour scheme looks like it would go well with the new gigabyte z87 boards, orange black scheme anyone?

Yeah its nice how gigabyte tries to avoid that heavy black and red color scheme unlike other board makers. Also the more expensive of the 2 Z87 oc boards gigabyte has looks totally insane and will overclock really well.

• 5 months later...

Here are some thoughts from my brother's usage with the Func MS-3, use circa 3 months.

Pro's; Overall great comfort, customizable RGB LED and good optics.

Con's; Note that these is just from my brother's usage with the mouse.

Mouse started to disconnect itself every so often (Under a month's usage with the mouse). Got a replacement mouse from the store and the scroll started acting all funny for him a while after getting it, two months after that the replacement mouse started to suffer from the same issues as the first mouse, randomly disconnecting itself at times. And then it pretty much decided to die on him completely.

Overall thoughts about the mouse? It was a great mouse during the times when was working. But he couldn't bare with it any longer after the original mouse, along with the replacement died after under three months.

Would he recommend this mouse? Well... If you're getting your hands on a non-defect mouse then yeah, it's highly recommended. But the fact that he went through two mice in under three months makes it though.

• 3 weeks later...

Just somethings that I've noticed and can serve as a heads up to those who are interested in the mouse. I have two of them that I've used for over 6 months.

Pro

- When it works, it's great

- Super comfortable for larger hands for both palm or claw grip

- All the buttons are within reach

Con

- Mouse has connection problems if you are using windows 8/8.1

- After several months, the scroll wheel will begin to die (apparently blowing on it fixes it, but that has yet to be seen) and there have been more than one review on newegg about this too

I've contacted their customer service, which is apparently overseas, but Im not expecting much help from them since they apparently are terrible at replying in a timely manner.

I7-4770k 4.7Ghz 1.35v | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16GB Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz | 2x GTX Titan SLI

Custom Water Loop | Corsair AXi 1200w | Intel 530 series 240GB SSD | 1TB WD Black

Corsair Obsidian 900D | Sennheiser 558 | Ducky Shine Zero Cherry MX Brown w/ Orange Backlight | Func MS-3 | Dell U2141H x3