GTX 670 erratic frametime.

ChaoticWeaponry

Exactly what the title says, I'm using a GTX 670 overclocked to around 1300mHz, and on some games, my frametime is horrible. The biggest offender is Metro Last Light, and the fact of it being a nVidia title scares me. I updated to the current beta drivers as of today. I get a solid 50FPS with SSAA turned off and all other settings on very high @ 1080p. I can't play a game with 2 seconds of smooth gameplay, and an eighth of a second second delay every time.

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P

Have you tried lowering the settings? or maybe the driver is kinda buggy?

im not sure im just guessing that those could be the problem

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Have you tried lowering the settings? or maybe the driver is kinda buggy?

im not sure im just guessing that those could be the problem

I'll try lowering the settings. This beta is specifically designed for Metro Last Light, so I doubt it's buggy. Possible though.

Well I almost grantee that OC is the culprit.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

I'll try lowering the settings. This beta is specifically designed for Metro Last Light, so I doubt it's buggy. Possible though.

ya well you never know. if its beta there has to be some kind of bug unless they are perfect.

It very well could be. that would make sense

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Maybe. I doubt it though. I lowered the settings, got 60FPS (vsync) with 60% GPU usage. Frametime was still horribly erratic. I'm gonna restart my PC and see if that fixes it. If not, I'll drop my overclock.

Maybe. I doubt it though. I lowered the settings, got 60FPS (vsync) with 60% GPU usage. Frametime was still horribly erratic. I'm gonna restart my PC and see if that fixes it. If not, I'll drop my overclock.

Have you tried stress testing your gpu with the OC you are using on it?

Have you tried stress testing your gpu with the OC you are using on it?

Yes I have. I play crysis 3 for hours on end at maximum settings. xD

Update: I restarted, and dropped my overclock to 1250, which is within stock boost clocks for the PE GTX670. Still crazy frametime issues. Like XiaoPigs said, probably just a game problem.

This sounds really bad, Nvidia can't drop the ball again like they did with Tomb Raider T_T.

Try enabling or disabling V-Sync tell us which is better .

This sounds really bad, Nvidia can't drop the ball again like they did with Tomb Raider T_T.

On it. Back in a few.

V-sync on : Horrible

V-sync off : Horrible

I didn't notice much of a different between the two. Screen tearing and frametime issues make the game look reaaally bad..

V-sync on : Horrible

V-sync off : Horrible

I didn't notice much of a different between the two. Screen tearing and frametime issues make the game look reaaally bad..

Ok try enabling Adaptive V-Sync in the control panel.

Ok try enabling Adaptive V-Sync in the control panel.

That's what I had enabled from the start. Still had the same problem. I'm in the process of uploading a video to youtube. Hopefully it can show the frametime issues.

That's what I had enabled from the start. Still had the same problem. I'm in the process of uploading a video to youtube. Hopefully it can show the frametime issues.

Adaptive V-Sync is usually quirky disable it and enable normal V-Sync inside the game.

Adaptive V-Sync is usually quirky disable it and enable normal V-Sync inside the game.

Tried that too. Same result whether it was disabled or not. Video is 5 minutes out.

That's the video. There are some points that are minor, others where you can't tell that I just turned. It's pretty bad, and its not a demanding area. I'm just walking around in the beginning.

That's the video. There are some points that are minor, others where you can't tell that I just turned. It's pretty bad, and its not a demanding area. I'm just walking around in the beginning.

Youtube only allows for 30FPS maximum which hides a lot of the frame latency, so the stutters would appear more clearly if you just upload a 60fps video file on Mediafire or something similar.

The stutters are still very clear though, you might be running out of GPU VRAM or CPU RAM, check the usage of both.

Youtube only allows for 30FPS maximum which hides a lot of the frame latency, so the stutters would appear more clearly if you just upload a 60fps video file on Mediafire or something similar.

Which proves my point even more.. xD I don't feel like converting another video tonight, I'll be going to bed shortly..

I have had problems with my gtx 670 when i overclock it on certain games no matter how little of overclock it is, try setting the default option and the power target all the way up and see how the performance is.

Corsair 650d, Core i5 3570k, H100, Galaxy gtx670, Asus z77 vDeluxe Mobo, 16g kingston hyper x memory.

I have had problems with my gtx 670 when i overclock it on certain games no matter how little of overclock it is, try setting the default option and the power target all the way up and see how the performance is.

Tried that too. No difference. I played more of the game, it gets even worse. More demanding sections get really bad, it's hard to aim correctly.

Tried that too. No difference. I played more of the game, it gets even worse. More demanding sections get really bad, it's hard to aim correctly.

I have the exact same problem with my 670. Games runs at a solid 40-50 fps but it feels like frame are skipping or freezing every now and then, making animation skip. I thought exactly the same think as people her: It might be the OC, turned that shit down to stock and it's still happening. Got drivers for metro too. I lowered everything, turned it to 720 and I was having from 100-150 fps and it still felt wrong.

Edit: I thought it was my cpu too, but it seems you have a better one then me so... Probably drivers issues, try to get back to 320.00 I can't really see how it will fix it since the 320.14 is the game's driver but w/e maybe. I'll do some more testing because this is really frustrating, It feels like i'm playing under 20 fps at some point but fraps/ precision show over 50-60 solid fps.

I have the exact same problem with my 670. Games runs at a solid 40-50 fps but it feels like frame are skipping or freezing every now and then, making animation skip. I thought exactly the same think as people her: It might be the OC, turned that shit down to stock and it's still happening. Got drivers for metro too. I lowered everything, turned it to 720 and I was having from 100-150 fps and it still felt wrong.

Bro, its your drivers. I got the same shit on 320.00 with BF3. The only drivers I can use that don't srew up my fps is 314.22.

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

Bro, its your drivers. I got the same shit on 320.00 with BF3. The only drivers I can use that don't srew up my fps is 314.22.

Kinda what I assumed. Either drivers or the game itself.