[Review] LG 24MP55HQ-P 24" LED Full HD IPS HDMI Monitor [Review]

Hello everyone, this is my first review of a tech product and so please be merciful when reading through this and try not to rip it to shreds.

The review is for the "LG 24MP55HQ-P 24" LED Full HD IPS HDMI Monitor" which is as you all know, good for better colour reproduction and better image quality. I'm a gamer, who had been using an ASUS TN paneled monitor, so for me this was a fairly big leap and quite frankly, a product that I'm very happy with. Does this mean it will be as good, if you already have an IPS LED monitor? Probably not.

Image Quality

The image quality is very good, in fact, everything just seems more clear in general. Text is clear and unlike my previous TN paneled monitor, the text does not look poor at an unusual angle. The monitor features a 'reader mode' which essentially makes it easier to read text, which is a handy feature to have. What do you do on a PC when not playing a game? Yes exactly reading on websites, for example this forum. It has a 72% colour gamut, which if my memory serves me well, means how accurate the colours are to the real thing. 72% is the standard for most IPS monitors so there is really anything to say about that, except the colours are very accurate even for the percentage. The initial setup when I first plugged it in made the whites a bit yellow, but in less than 30 seconds I had that sorted and it looked 110% nicer. It has a repsonse time of 5ms, but the monitor allowed me to select a higher or lower response time.

Build Quality

The build quality is okay, not the best, but not the worst. the stand feels a bit flimsy and it does tend to wobble if you have an unstable desk or workspace, but for me a person with a stable desk, this did not happen. The back of the monitor is also of okay quality but it has a sturdy feeling behind it, basically think of it like this. It is made from an okay plastic, but it feels sturdy when touching it. If that makes sense. What would you expect from a £123.99 monitor. For what you pay you definitely get a monitor that is more than decently built.

Features

The monitor features an HDMI port, VGA port and an audio in connection. I use VGA for my monitor, mainly because HDMI tends to over sharpen images and I can't be bothered with the hassle of sorting it out. I'm sure people would probably want to see a DVI port, but for me the VGA or HDMI ports are more than adequate for myself. I has nice little features like 'reader mode' while also having another feature called 'SUPER+ RESOLUTION' that helps to detect rough edges and blurring in contents when enlarged. There are many more features that I haven't used and doubt I will but the link to the page will be available at the end.

Conclusion

So is this IPS LED monitor good? Yes it is amazing for the price, for £123.99 it is a steal and you won't find a better one for that price. The build could be better but then again a monitors focus is image quality if they have to sacrifice build quality for price and amazing image quality then so be it. Would i recommend this? Yes, one hundred times over. I would personally give it 4.5/5.

Thank you for reading and I hope I did a fairly decent job of my first review.

Ebuyer page: http://www.ebuyer.com/616192-lg-24mp55hq-p-24-led-full-hd-ips-hdmi-monitor-24mp55hq-p

Great review! Will be buying another one of these (I already have one)

But wrong sub forum though, should be in this one: http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/25-member-reviews/

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

• 2 weeks later...

Does this monitor have ghosting issues? Does it have a headphone output?

• 5 months later...

I have it and seems good so far 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M ||