Questions about HDD fragmenting and partitioning

Today i decided to check my HDD status. This is because ever since i set up my SSD and installed windows, i haven't actually cared much for my HDD's well being.

Here is what i found.

dec5e99fdaabf4b4ca6846efc7bac2e8.png

Note that my C drive is the SSD, everything else is the HDD. My main question is, WHY IN THE NAME OF SATAN IS MY HDD SPLIT INTO 2 or 3 or 4 PARTS? The actual storage is on E drive, not D. *twitching* Why did windows do this?

Also why does my SSD show up as fragmented? I know this is not a problem and that i shouldn't try to defragment it, also considering how the scan was done a while ago, is it at least safe to check the SSD for fragmenting?

And my last inquiry, what is PQSERVICE? I just noticed it now, the only drives the i am able to actually see are the ones with letters (duh). This is a partition i have never seen, it doesn't even show up in disk management.

I hope i placed this in the correct place. Thanks in advance.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

These are some drives that are created by the system. They can be deleted without any advese effects.

As for the PQSERVICE:

"The PQservice partition is a hidden partition that contains the factory image- it can restore the computer to factory condition. It can be launched either from the recovery software inside windows or a key combo (ALT+F10 or such like) at boot."

EDIT:

The SSD fragmentation is normal also. Windows 7's defregment tool isn't optimised for SSDs since it allows the defregmenting of an SSD and not instead TRIMming it. Defragmentation is not recommended for a SSD since it can shorten its lifetime and it does not speed up the drive since SSD's can't benefit from it.

These are some drives that are created by the system. They can be deleted without any advese effects.

As for the PQSERVICE:

"The PQservice partition is a hidden partition that contains the factory image- it can restore the computer to factory condition. It can be launched either from the recovery software inside windows or a key combo (ALT+F10 or such like) at boot."

EDIT:

The SSD fragmentation is normal also. Windows 7's defregment tool isn't optimised for SSDs since it allows the defregmenting of an SSD and not instead TRIMming it. Defragmentation is not recommended for a SSD since it can shorten its lifetime and it does not speed up the drive since SSD's can't benefit from it.

So if i go to disk management and change the E drive to D (like i always wanted) I can still use ALL programs and games installed onto that drive?

Would steam still recognize the game folder? Or would i have to do some fooling around with the files and things.

If it would have a chance of braking any of my game installations (i have quite a few) then it wont be worth it. I don't mind the system reserved on the SSD, but can i really delete the one on the HDD. And how would i go about doing all this, renaming and such.

When it comes to managing data on drives, i have very little knowledge, anything you can think of is (most likely) useful to me.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

The HDD will be split due to partitions. Not all partitions are visible or available to the user through the standard file explorer windows.

For a software perspective an SSD can be fragmented, however from a hardware perspective it makes no difference. Just don't defrag the SSD and waste the limited writes.

After a quick Google the pqservice is a hidden partition Acer installs onto your hard drive to allow system recovery options. This drive should not get fragmented since you won't be writing to it, only reading. Also don't delete this drive unless you know what you're doing.

After a quick Google the pqservice is a hidden partition Acer installs onto your hard drive to allow system recovery options. This drive should not get fragmented since you won't be writing to it, only reading. Also don't delete this drive unless you know what you're doing.

This PC isn't an Acer eMachine any longer, the only parts that remain are the HDD and the keyboard. If i recall correctly i installed the HDD after i installed the OS (needed to have my DVD drive plugged in), then i formatted the HDD. How does that partition still exist?

Anyhow, if i ever get to a point where i would need a system restore to proceed, i would just reformat my entire PC. (It will be a pain)

Spoiler

This PC isn't an Acer eMachine any longer, the only parts that remain are the HDD and the keyboard. If i recall correctly i installed the HDD after i installed the OS (needed to have my DVD drive plugged in), then i formatted the HDD. How does that partition still exist?

Anyhow, if i ever get to a point where i would need a system restore to proceed, i would just reformat my entire PC. (It will be a pain)

Simply put, you cannot remove the hidden partition. I think they are limited to a rather small size, so it shouldn't make much of a difference anyway. Although with some serious tweaking you can remove it, but I will leave that up to you (I still don't recommend it).

Simply put, you cannot remove the hidden partition. I think they are limited to a rather small size, so it shouldn't make much of a difference anyway. Although with some serious tweaking you can remove it, but I will leave that up to you (I still don't recommend it).

The only thing i really want is to rename the E partition to D and hide the system reserved partition.

Spoiler