Gtx 780 lightning underwater overclocking adventure

xToFxREAPER

Hey ltt, so as a few members that have been fallowing my build log know i finally got a hold of a water block for one of my lightning edition 780's, now out of both impatience and curiosity i built the loop because itll be a few weeks yet before i get the second block.

ill start off by saying this custom loop is based off the swiftech h320. Im running the pump at 2000rpm with a 360mm rad and a 240mm thick rad with the cpu and gpu in a loop, will be both gpu's once im able to actually get a second gpu block. This little pump is surprisingly strong given its an "aio".

Secondly, No i have not flashed Skyn3ts modded ln2 bios YET. I may flash once i have the second water block and have both cards under water but for the time being i have the air cooled card out of the system and im playing with the single card to see what kind of wicked numbers it will pull.

Now being on water im less worried about voltages seeing as how this is purely for some late night fun and will not be 24/7 clocks knowing full well sli drops oc ability a fair bit usually.

Right now i have core voltage at +100 i left memory voltage alone and i set aux voltage to +100 as well. Memory offset is +250, im going to try to push a little more on that one soon. The highest stable clock ive been able to pull out of the core so far is 1385mhz. i played 1 hour of borderlands 2 though not the most stressful benchmark it gets a physx bench in there atleast, 1 hour of crysis 3 and an hour loop on heaven remaining stable on all runs. 

Im gonna keep going at it, probably run some valley for the memory benchmarks later from what i hear valley gets some pretty decent gain off memory oc's. for anyone that fallows or may be interested ill update my progress later sometime today. Also a quick snap of my system from earlier, the second card is out but this pic was already on my pc :P

post-6391-0-25904200-1399630109_thumb.jp

You can make a couple of runs of 3DMark Vantage X. That's how I usually check if the overclock is stable. That benchmark is old, but it really pushes the cards, unlike the new 3DMark

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

You can make a couple of runs of 3DMark Vantage X. That's how I usually check if the overclock is stable. That benchmark is old, but it really pushes the cards, unlike the new 3DMark

Ill have to look at that later this evening, sadly gotta head off to work but ill play with it more and let you know how it goes. pretty wicked so far though