Build problem

JewliuzS

I recently built my first pc and just yesterday I installed my gpu. I had already tested it a week before in the kitchen and it posted. However, yesterday I plugged the computer in a different room to begin installing windows and other stuff, and I flipped the switch on the power supply and the lights went out just in that room. I forgot that in certain rooms the lights went out if you use to many electrical things. Anyways, I tried my computer in the kitchen where it worked the first time, and the computer didn't even power on. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me? Is it just the power supply or are all the parts at risk of being damaged? My PSU is a corsair Cx750 80 plus bronze power supply, for the U.S. Since I live in the U.S. I would appreciate any help you guys could give me.

I recently built my first pc and just yesterday I installed my gpu. I had already tested it a week before in the kitchen and it posted. However, yesterday I plugged the computer in a different room to begin installing windows and other stuff, and I flipped the switch on the power supply and the lights went out just in that room. I forgot that in certain rooms the lights went out if you use to many electrical things. Anyways, I tried my computer in the kitchen where it worked the first time, and the computer didn't even power on. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me? Is it just the power supply or are all the parts at risk of being damaged? My PSU is a corsair Cx750 80 plus bronze power supply, for the U.S. Since I live in the U.S. I would appreciate any help you guys could give me.

Before you look at your PC is the circuit breaker in your home good?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I doubt anything in your computer would have fried as a result of just that. Check some of your other electronics in that room, because if your motherboard or something else did fry, then the culprit would probably have been an overload that would likely fry something else in the room as well. If nothing else is fried, then it's likely the power supply and you should RMA it as such. 

Yes, it's an old circuit breaker that can't really handle much, just low voltage stuff like a tv a fan and a lamp, and maybe an A/C. It has smaller switches opposed to larger switches that seem to be twice the size on more modern homes. My parents have been discussing replacing it for a long time after we bought a new microwave that replaced an old one made the power go out. When I had got everything except windows and the gpu, I had tested it in the kitchen, which is connected to the larger switches, and it POSTed just fine. However yesterday, I was such in a hurry and I was eager when I had got the OS and the GPU and connected it in the room, that's connected to the smaller switches. I plugged it into the power strip(thing that gives you multiple outlets from one) and I did the same with the monitor. After that I flipped the switch on the back of the PSU and that's when all the power in just that room went out. So I unplugged it and took it to the kitchen, where I tested it to see if it would post the first time, flipped the switch, and pressed the power button, and nothing happened at all. My mother told me she had a friend who was in the computer repair business and said she would talk to him. I'm thinking it had to do something with the safety switches in the PSU that went out because of the breaker. Hopefully it didn't fry anything. Everything else in the room still worked and the monitor was still on after I flipped the breaker switch. I'm kinda afraid I won't be able to RMA since I could have ripped some plastic bags that came in the PSU box. I still need to find all the things that came in there. Thanks guys for replying, and reply again if you can still help me out.