HELP! 780 ti SLI crashing in games.

Connman

Really worried about this, just got a second 780 ti Classified from EVGA, everything seemed fine, CPU was OC'd to 4.5GHz, cards are stock.
Started playing games to stretch this beast's legs, everytime it just shuts off, complete power down and won't turn back on unless I turn off the PSU for a few seconds.
I think it might be the wattage of my PSU, but really, it should run fine, I even removed my OC and the problem persisted.

Could someone help me out? I really don't want to have to buy a new PSU. Estimated wattage of the whole thing is 778w max.

My Rig:
CPU: FX-8350

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 GTS

Motherboard: Crosshair V Formula-Z

RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1866

GPU: EVGA GTX 780 ti Classified x2

PSU: Corsair AX860w

SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB

HDD: WD Green 2TB

Case: CM Storm Scout 2

Fans: Cooler Master JetFlo 120mm Red x7

Disk Drives: Lite-On Blu-Ray Drive

860w should be fine. Is it in every game?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Sniper Elite V2 and the Metro 2033 bench mark, just played a few minutes of Portal 2 and it was fine

Wattage from the PSU is fine. I think you have an unstable overclock tune it down to 4.0 to be safe and try again.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

As I said, I removed the OC, problem is persisting

Could it be:
A: The ports I have evrything plugged into on my power supply? Do I need to use specific ones etc?
B: The PC is on an extension cable with a lamp, sound system, 2 monitors and PS3, could it not be getting enough power from the wall?

C: Something's broken?

Could it be:

A: The ports I have evrything plugged into on my power supply? Do I need to use specific ones etc?

B: The PC is on an extension cable with a lamp, sound system, 2 monitors and PS3, could it not be getting enough power from the wall?

C: Something's broken?

A: No

B: Probably No

C: Might be

I would reinstall all the drivers to the latest version and check how the gpu is running in games via OSD in Afterburner etc.

Also, please use the Quote Button in right lower corner of each post.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

A: No

B: Probably No

C: Might be

I would reinstall all the drivers to the latest version and check how the gpu is running in games via OSD in Afterburner etc.

Also, please use the Quote Button in right lower corner of each post.

Seems to be fixed, I unplugged one gpu and moved it to a different port on the PSU (the only cable on it's own in the link), works fine now, all games running at stupid high frame rates on highest settings :D

http://imgur.com/4eFCt0r

Seems to be fixed, I unplugged one gpu and moved it to a different port on the PSU (the only cable on it's own in the link), works fine now, all games running at stupid high frame rates on highest settings :D

http://imgur.com/4eFCt0r

Might be that you're PSU is a multi-rail system and both the previous plugs you were using were on the same rail? I would think that would throttle it... But I'm not a mathemagician! I only know laboratorying!

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

Annnnnnd it crashed again after playing the new Batman Arkham Origins DLC for just less then an hour... I'm clueless

Problem is still persisting, just crashed during firestrike.

PSU might not be providing stable power, that could cause this.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

So how  can I fix this, I don't really want to buy a new PSU, 860 w should be ample.

Run the USB (DOS) version of memtest86+, if it passes then run prime95 (blend mode). Check back with the results.

There are more things in heaven and earth then are dreamt of in your philosophy.

First, run a GPU stress test. If it crashes, try each GPU individually in the same PCI slot, run the stress test again and see if the same thing occurs.

Use the same cables from the PSU too, but it shouldn't make a difference.

If you only get the problem with one of your cards, bingo, it's that card.

If you only get the problem with both cards, or neither card individually, then you wanna start testing the PSU and motherboard properly.

If it gets to that point, try each card in a different PCI slot and see if the same thing happens.

Try a different PSU, using a UPS if possible.

Try your PSU on another power hungry PC.

Fault finding takes time, be patient and test extensively before jumping to conclusions.

I don't think your PSU is at fault.

Ive tested both cards, they seem fine. I moved to a different plug, power isn't very reliable here in mid wales, manage to actually make it all the way through firestrike earlier, thought I'd sorted it, plugged the 2 fans and disk drive back in, ran it again, shutdown again. I think it is a power issue, so long as I can sell my current one it won't be to bad, I'll get like a Ax1200i so I can overclock the shit out of everything.

I've been googling the shit out of it, apparently some people fixed it by using 4 seperate 8 pin cables instead of 2 with 2 connectors each, would that help? (didn't work)

I'm getting a refund for my AX860 and I'll be ordering a AX1200i asap, even if wattage isn't the issue, I'll at least be able to rule it out and overclock the shit out of everything

Update: Fixed everything, it was the power supply. Got a 1200i now, overclocked both the cards and the CPU and everything is running great. Thanks for all the help everyone, helped me narrow down the issue.