Gaming Laptop Recommendation

Jerich0332

Not sure if it should be here so,is MSI GX70 with R9 290+Richland A10-5750 any good,if not what laptop at same price?I'm no big expert in laptop and will not care battery life or heaviness

Pricing is going to depend on where you live, so even if you say it's the same price as the MSI GX70, that won't necessarily mean much. What budget are you looking at?

Also, here's the obligatory question that ends up in every gaming laptop topic - are you 100% sure that you need the portability of a gaming laptop over a gaming desktop?

Not sure if it should be here so,is MSI GX70 with R9 290+Richland A10-5750 any good,if not what laptop at same price?I'm no big expert in laptop and will not care battery life or heaviness

You made me scare there xD It's a R9 M290X, not a R9 290. Anyway, for around 2000$ then there's the Asus G760JZ that our dear Linus just making a review of. The 880M absolutely beat the R9 M290X. so if you want a gaming laptop you can look on to it

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

You made me scare there xD It's a R9 M290X, not a R9 290. Anyway, for around 2000$ then there's the Asus G760JZ that our dear Linus just making a review of. The 880M absolutely beat the R9 M290X. so if you want a gaming laptop you can look on to it

*snip*

@Jerich0332 I'd second getting an ASUS G750 series laptop if you're unconcerned about getting something slim; the cooling/acoustics seem pretty impressive according to reviews.. When I buy a new laptop to replace my current one, it'll probably be one of those.

If you need a portable gaming rig that is capable of handling Graphics intensive games then go ahead and buy one. But if you just need a laptop that can game a bit on the go but still have a nice high performance desktop at home, then do that. Sorry for not reccomending any gaming latops in my post, but those guys already suggested some good ones.

My personal experience with gaming laptops: I only play games at home because where do you really otherwise have time to sit down and play games for an hour. 

Also overheating laptops is one of the most frustrating things in the world and it will really take hits to performance. 

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

• 4 weeks later...

The thing is it's my friend,he is not allowed to get a desktop.aOURUS x7 AIN'T AVAILABLE IN MAH COUNTREH