Highest ppi monitors in the market?

gp92

Hello,

I am currently using Apple's 15" Retina Macbook Pro, with the resolution 2880*1800. (220 ppi)

My question is, are they any other displays (for desktops) with the ppi comparable to this? (200 or above) If so, where can I purchase them?

Also, if there are no such displays, where can I buy these laptop displays and how can I use them for my desktop?

thanks

No desktop displays come near that right now.  Even Dell's 24 inch 4k monitor is like 180 ppi, and that's probably one of the highest ppi desktop monitors we'll see for a while.

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)

Anything over about 150 ppi is going to have deminishing returns of any noticeable difference and that's not even factoring in how much you pay for a slighly higher ppi.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Anything over about 150 ppi is going to have deminishing returns of any noticeable difference and that's not even factoring in how much you pay for a slighly higher ppi.

Not true, you will notice it without a doubt if the PPI is higher than 150 compared to 150 itself.

Not true, you will notice it without a doubt if the PPI is higher than 150 compared to 150 itself.

I wasn't saying you don't notice the difference but that it becomes less noticeable the higher and higher you go and that price to ppi just isn't fully worth it yet but with cheaper 4K monitors on the rise it'll soon be a great option.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!