Win7 Aero Transparency, 2nd monitor low fps fullscreen video

Vfo
Go to solution Solved by Vfo,

The fixed worked somewhat ok. I'm reinstalling win7 now though - got 2 software related bluescreens, so it had to be done anyway.

I've been checking various forums about this, and it seems I'm not the only one who has this issue.

I will try to explain it as best I can.

I use 2x 60hz Syncmaster monitors, 27" and 24", DVI to HDMI for 24" and HDMI through capture card to 27".

24" is set to primary display, stands on the right side of my 27". I play games on the 27" standing infront of me.

FPS changes to 20-30 tops in games if I move my taskbar to the 27", even in games like Hearthstone, but while it's on the 24" fps is stable at 60 for any game.

While I'm on the desktop or browsing the web on the 27", if I play a video on the 24" to the right, the framerate looks like 8-10 FPS. This is true for both youtube videos, streams on twitch.tv and local video files.

A temporary fix is to disable the transparency for aero. It looks horrible compared, so I'm not giving up untill I find a proper fix.

Is this throttling in windows or something? If so, where do I turn it off. My system is capable of running this fine, and I don't need the savings mode or whatever this is :)

I hope someone has an idea as always!

Windows 8 deals much better with dual displays AND it doesn't have aero and still is transparent, there a proper fix.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Doesn't seem like a fix :( I don't like win8 nearly as much as win7. In the end I might have to do it untill this is figured out - it's rather annoying to say the least.

Doesn't seem like a fix :( I don't like win8 nearly as much as win7. In the end I might have to do it untill this is figured out - it's rather annoying to say the least.

Windows 8 + Classic Shell or Start8 = Windows 7 without Aero.

You get much better fps in games.

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

Yes I am. Currently considering to reinstall win7 to see if something is wrong with my current install. All drivers are up to date and verified etc

Found an acceptable fix! Needs more time to test, but a quick check makes it look pretty good.

Setting one monitor to 60hz and other to 59hz solved it, or so it seems atm. So strange.

I will try this out for a few hrs and see if it stays ok and report back :D

The fixed worked somewhat ok. I'm reinstalling win7 now though - got 2 software related bluescreens, so it had to be done anyway.