Best Powerline Adapters?

Krocket

So here's what I basically want to do

Buy a top of the line ac router for a three story house and put it on the top floor (where the current one is).

Put a Powerline adapter next to it and then put another one in the office so we can have wired connection in there.

Put a Powerline Wireless Range Extender thingy near the bottom of the house to make sure the range reaches everywhere.

Who makes the best and most reliable routers? (My current one is almost 10 years old)

I only need 3 powerline adapters. What company do you recommend and should I wait until I have the router to see how long it reaches until I buy the range extender?

For each adapter does the bandwidth get cut? More adapters the worse or is it just carrying it to places it can't go?

I get roughly 30 Mbs down and 7 Mbs up on Ethernet. Adapters that offer up to 500 Mbs wouldn't benefit me at all right?

If I get a router with external antennas do I point them down towards the floor, up, sideways or what?

This and this are what I've considered so far. Don't mention the Linksys EA6900 AC1900 Router because I already tried it and it was faulty.

I have these, and they are pretty good http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DHB2T44/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=479289247&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0084Y9N3O&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1D82SDD2C5M7KMGHDYJF 

Get my full 50/16 on them and the wifi booster works most of the time.

No idea about the router though

I am considering getting those, any idea where I can get them in store?  I have only found them on amazon

So here's what I basically want to do

Buy a top of the line ac router for a three story house and put it on the top floor (where the current one is).

Put a Powerline adapter next to it and then put another one in the office so we can have wired connection in there.

Put a Powerline Wireless Range Extender near the bottom of the house to make sure the range reaches everywhere.

Who makes the best and most reliable routers? (My current one is almost 10 years old)

I only need 3 powerline adapters. What company do you recommend and should I wait until I have the router to see how long it reaches until I buy the range extender?

For each adapter does the bandwidth get cut? More adapters the worse or is it just carrying it to places it can't go?

I get roughly 30 Mbs down and 7 Mbs up on Ethernet. Adapters that offer up to 500 Mbs wouldn't benefit me at all right?

If I get a router with external antennas do I point them down towards the floor, up, sideways or what?

I own the ASUS RT-68U. It's pretty great. It's a "top of the line AC Router". 

I would trust ASUS personally. 

Don't buy a range extender. By a Powerline/WiFi combo. I own one. It works very well. 

No. The bandwidth does not get cut. That's not how it works. 

They would benefit you depending on what you plan to do on your network. If you have a file server, and the server is connected to the network at all, then 500 Mb/s would benefit you. One major thing to consider is the fact that that is the theoretical speed. The actual is very different. I would go 500 Mb/s just to be safe.

Just in different directions to cover the most area. i.e. North, SouthEast, and SouthWest. Or wtv. Depends on your location/environment.

Just be certain to get the same type of adapters from the same company. Do not mix 200 and 500 Mb/s and do not mix different brands. They don't use the same standard, so it will not work well, if at all.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.