Experiences With Dell Venue 8 Pro

xrex64

I'm wondering if anyone here can talk about their experiences with the Dell Venue 8 Pro. 

I would like to know what you use it for and how well it does it's job.  Thanks

I'm considering getting one and I'm not sure how well it works. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I want it but I can't afford it because it isn't 200$ here...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

From reviews, it looks like a nicely capable system. However the pen is beyong unusable, hence why Dell didn't send it to review sites. Due to demand, some reviewers decided to buy the pen themselves.

Check out mobile tech review, I like their reviews as they actually put an effort of not being bias, and let you draw your own conclusion on whether the device is for you or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3-HxnsMwEo

I want it but I can't afford it because it isn't 200$ here...

So it's definetly worth it for $200? I can get it for that but refurbed. 

† TTCF Member †

So it's definetly worth it for $200? I can get it for that but refurbed. 

It's 229$ on microsoft store. I would look how much more expensive 64Gb version is.

I can only get it for 500$ in my country so I feel like I won't. Even the cheapest one Toshiba encore is 325$ here... Sad EU life.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It's 229$ on microsoft store. I would look how much more expensive 64Gb version is.

I can only get it for 500$ in my country so I feel like I won't. Even the cheapest one Toshiba encore is 325$ here... Sad EU life.

I can get the 64 refurbed for $209

† TTCF Member †

I can get the 64 refurbed for $209

That is a good deal.

Spoiler

I've had one for the last few months.  I got the 32GB model for $99 during Microsoft's "12 Days of Deals" promotion last December (I had to camp outside of the Microsoft store for around 6 hours in order to get it for that price though).  For that price, I feel like it's outstanding.  The 64GB model for $209 also sounds like a great deal.  The resolution of the screen isn't very high, but the quality of the panel is great.  Colors are very vibrant and it has great contrast.  The processor used in the tablet (Atom 3740D) works well for my purposes, which generally include internet browsing, video streaming, and light gaming (mainly Hearthstone).  A nice addition is that it comes with Microsoft Office 2013, but I'm not sure if that'll apply if you're getting a refurbished one.  Build quality of the tablet is another plus.  The rubberized material is very nice (I'm a sucker for soft touch rubber surfaces) and grippy.  Overall, I'm really happy with it.

I've had one for the last few months.  I got the 32GB model for $99 during Microsoft's "12 Days of Deals" promotion last December (I had to camp outside of the Microsoft store for around 6 hours in order to get it for that price though).  For that price, I feel like it's outstanding.  The 64GB model for $209 also sounds like a great deal.  The resolution of the screen isn't very high, but the quality of the panel is great.  Colors are very vibrant and it has great contrast.  The processor used in the tablet (Atom 3740D) works well for my purposes, which generally include internet browsing, video streaming, and light gaming (mainly Hearthstone).  A nice addition is that it comes with Microsoft Office 2013, but I'm not sure if that'll apply if you're getting a refurbished one.  Build quality of the tablet is another plus.  The rubberized material is very nice (I'm a sucker for soft touch rubber surfaces) and grippy.  Overall, I'm really happy with it.

Where do you usually use it? Couch? Desk?

† TTCF Member †

From reviews, it looks like a nicely capable system. However the pen is beyong unusable, hence why Dell didn't send it to review sites. Due to demand, some reviewers decided to buy the pen themselves.

Check out mobile tech review, I like their reviews as they actually put an effort of not being bias, and let you draw your own conclusion on whether the device is for you or not.

Alright.... I just bought a 64 GB one for $167! 

† TTCF Member †