different between DDR3L and DDR3

Hey guys i'm going to buy a Asus G750JZ and think i will buy more RAM for it in the same time. But i don't know the different between DDR3L and DDR3. In the information on the Asus G750JZ it says DDR3L SDRAM so i'm not sure if i can use DDR3

so i can not use 

Crucial DDR3 SO-DIMM 1600MHz 16GB RAM bricks on that Laptop?

L means low voltage, which in trun means longer battery life, cooler operation, and longer lifespan

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

what i really wonder is can i use

Crucial DDR3 SO-DIMM 1600MHz 16GB RAM bricks in the Asus G750JZ laptop?

As long as it supports it then you are good.

DDR3L runs at 1.35 V, while regular DDR3 memory runs at 1.5 or more volts.

I don't think you can.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

I'm pretty sure you can use any so-dimm RAM in a laptop. Of course how much/speed is decided by the amount of slots and your cpu/motherboard.

well i need to be sure can't just buy RAM bricks and hope they will work 

You cant put a normal ddr3 ram in a ddr3l ram slot. The power requirements for the RAM MAY SHORT OUT the slot. This is same goes for the ddr3l into ddr3 slot, the ram may be shorted out.

L is low voltage specifically for haswell DDR3L is 1.35v. The rest is your standard cas 9 but is 1600 isnstead of 1333 like the normal SPD default.

hmmm i tought DDR3 was same as DDR3L just with higher volt damn then it be more dificult to add more RAM 

• 10 months later...

Hi markus, i had to log in just to answer your question. No one here seems to know it. I have a vaio ST series which rewuires a ddr3l and a lenovo x230 that runs on ddr3. I used the ddr3 on the lenovo to the vaio and the vaio detected it and worked well. I guess the diffrence is with the power. Putting a ddr3 will make your battery to discharge faster compared to getting a ddr3l.

Hi markus, i had to log in just to answer your question. No one here seems to know it. I have a vaio ST series which rewuires a ddr3l and a lenovo x230 that runs on ddr3. I used the ddr3 on the lenovo to the vaio and the vaio detected it and worked well. I guess the diffrence is with the power. Putting a ddr3 will make your battery to discharge faster compared to getting a ddr3l.

see my post two above yours where I go into more detail.

I have a vaio svt14115cvs. Check the specs. It has a built in 4gb ddr3l and an extra slot

This thread is 11 months old. I don't think the OP is still looking for an answer.

If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread.

Locked.

HTTP/2 203