Midplate Mod/Buildlog

Oshino Shinobu

I decided to make a midplate/PSU cover after seeing @JordanMac's build on build logs of the week and discovering that he had made a guide on how to do it. I used some different methods from him because the laser engraving place near me gave me a quote of over £100 and I wasn't willing to pay that much. I also decided to make it a PSU cover and midplate in one because you'd be able to see under the midplate through the large window on the 750D. 

First off, the pieces of acrylic I used. One for the LEDs and the other for bending and painting. 

oXEuQEX.jpg

Used a bit of test acrylic to experiment with bending and the best method of cutting. Found the dremel too messy, so I went with a junior hacksaw (death to my arms)

WC0SgOW.jpg

Cut out the slot for the PCI bracket. 

DGxeoQD.jpg

After some test fits, I found that it was too wide to fit in the case, even with the slot for the PCI bracket, so I had to cut a good 2-3cm off each piece of acrylic. 

7UeS5Uy.jpg

Gained a helper

Ynv7KgS.jpg

Test painting and sanding to diffuse the lights from the LEDs

UWNLwuM.jpg

Bendy! Blow torches are fun.

3Hst7IP.jpg

Test fitting the bent piece. 

8cVmEWG.jpg

Design is on the bent piece. Cut these out with a scalpel then painted over them 

CViHNph.jpg

3 Layers of paint later

DJiRjeZ.jpg

Took of the stencil things. Looking good. 

DdRuXfb.jpg

Sanding to diffuse the light from the LEDs

hnvGoYV.jpg

kPNhiT4.jpg

Testing using the LEDs that are built into the skirting in my kitchen 

d8aMJNm.jpg

nCIGDYw.jpg

LED mounting!

yiGwG20.jpg

Starting to put things in the case.

nmn8EK8.jpg

mlPTgYD.jpg

LIGHTS ON!

9Bnix37.jpg

In go the graphics cards

8edP96Q.jpg

Side panel on. And finish

ANEINkw.jpg

7rvkYyA.jpg

Pretty pleased with how it turned out. The logos could have been done better, but considering the way they were done, I think they're alright. Planning my custom loop next. Will probably make a buildlog for that.

damn that just looks so good... and that sli bridge...

i just came.. :D 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

damn.

damn that just looks so good... and that sli bridge...

i just came.. :D

Thanks guys. This was my first ever attempt at any PC mod (: (other than sleeved cables)

Nice!

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

could you give me a link to your build log please? xD

damn thats verry nice work you done there.

thumbs up keep up the good work and love to see more in the future.

could you give me a link to your build log please? xD

I don't have a build log for the whole system. Just a log for this mod. I'm doing my watercooling loop soon, so I'll do a build log then

I don't have a build log for the whole system. Just a log for this mod. I'm doing my watercooling loop soon, so I'll do a build log then

ok then. i'll be waiting for it :P

• 2 weeks later...

nice i like it, ou coulda tryed and put some other kind of collors in it? i mean it looks awsome as it is but im just sugesting.

nice i like it, ou coulda tryed and put some other kind of collors in it? i mean it looks awsome as it is but im just sugesting.

I wanted to go with a purely black/white/grey(silver) build. I don't like multicoloured builds and adding a different colour wouldn't match what I have right now 

I wanted to go with a purely black/white/grey(silver) build. I don't like multicoloured builds and adding a different colour wouldn't match what I have right now 

silver hmm, that would look nice but how would you get the "silver" light...? only if it was like you sad a bit grey-ish...

and what's that writing on chinese-japanise saying?

silver hmm, that would look nice but how would you get the "silver" light...? only if it was like you sad a bit grey-ish...

and what's that writing on chinese-japanise saying?

It translates to i - Busujima Saeko

• 5 months later...