Dr Dre Beats Solo

Just a standard DBX 31 band ±12 dB EQ... Got two here at home and about a dozen at work.. 

Since your an audio engineer, and you seem to know your stuff..  are there any el chepo EQ's that you might be able to recomend to me..  I only want a small amount of bands and I just want to run my computers sound through it..  

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

Beats headphones aren't "terrible", cheap $2 headphones you get from the super market are "terrible".

The Beats headphones/earphones are somewhat satisfactory sound quality (Not terrible, Not Amazing, Good enough for people who don't listen to music often)

They are terrible if you look at the sound quality to price. $250 headphones for something that sounds like a $50 headphone.  

I would personally never buy a Beats headphones/earphones but that is just me. 

Beats headphones aren't "terrible", cheap $2 headphones you get from the super market are "terrible".

The Beats headphones/earphones are somewhat satisfactory sound quality (Not terrible, Not Amazing, Good enough for people who don't listen to music often)

They are terrible if you look at the sound quality to price. $250 headphones for something that sounds like a $50 headphone.  

I would personally never buy a Beats headphones/earphones but that is just me. 

Difference is, if I were to get a cheap $2 headphones, I'd expect to sound terrible. The 'Ouch' factor is heightened for a pair of cans that cost $250 but sound like a $50 pair of cans. I'd rather be parted from $2, and feel more satisfaction than be parted from $250 in this case, as I'd expecting much more.....much more. Honestly, it'd feel like a rip off.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Since your an audio engineer, and you seem to know your stuff..  are there any el chepo EQ's that you might be able to recomend to me..  I only want a small amount of bands and I just want to run my computers sound through it..  

None that spring to mind. Of course there is Behringer though the issue with them is the noise the introduce. They've got a fairly noisy floor whereas the DBX's are inaudible. I'd go looking for an EQ program.

I really don't like beats, mainly because of one reason. There's so many fake ones, that the overall brand name has just been destroyed because of this. I've tried the original high end products before, and they aren't really what I like. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

None that spring to mind. Of course there is Behringer though the issue with them is the noise the introduce. They've got a fairly noisy floor whereas the DBX's are inaudible. I'd go looking for an EQ program.

hmm ok thanks..  I'll do that

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

177579.jpg?v=1

haha this is by far the best commercial for beats ever

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

i bought a pair of them too and sent them back after 1 day.

for the same money i can buy a pair Ultrasone HFI 680 and they are not even in the same league. Even my old AKG K520 are way better then these Beats Solo

I would recommend everone who is looking for good and cheap Headphones to look into the AKG K520.

Monster products in general usually sell overpriced stuff but if i had like 200 dollars to spend on a headphone i wouldn't go for the Beats

I have to agree with you... I dont think my Solo HD's are anything special at all. 

I only use them for working out at the gym and running.

I aquired mine early on in their release and I believe it to just be a hype rather than a high quality product that is a must have.

My Beats will be a one off buy, I will not be a return customer.

Good, now go buy some ATH-M50s lol

Nah, I'm happy with Dennon 2000's and Senny HD25's..

Already own have one and love it to death, just need a sound card to further enhance my listening experience :)

i am always amazed at the tech world hate for Beats by Dre heat sets...ive always wonder is it founded in hateraid or fact.. so ive tried a few out .. not really my cup of tea either untill i ran across the old pro model's.. the Detox models.. so far i have used them on everything and they sound decent... use them on my zune HD, my Xoom tablet, my Gaems system for my xbox, ,my Alienware and my Mini ITX(notice a theme..no APPLE CRAP).. they only thing bad about my experance so far is the first week.. they hurt.. but then i read in to it and found out it conforms to your head.. and sure enough they dont hurt anymore..very comfy.. and when it comes to voice sound and music i dont find them over bassy.. i dont know maybe i got the one in a million but i dont have any probs with my Detox model's

PC SPECIFICATIONS: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor  3.70 GHz ; MSI B550G Edge Wi-Fi ATX ; 16gb (2x8gb)  Kingston FURY Beast DDR4-3600 RGB ; MSI GeForce RTX 3060 3x12gb ;  darkFlash Phantom with Custom Phanteks D-RGB 120 (6EA) ; Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition ; 1tb M.2 Kingston , 2tb Seagate Barricuda, 4 TB Seagate ; Corsair Gaming Series GS700W

PERIPHERALS:Razer BlackWidow V3 ;  Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro ;  Razer Leviathan V2 X

TABLET: Ipad 12.9 Pro  PHONE: Iphone 12

SPOILER: *THEY SUCK VERY VERY BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD*

You can't expect good quality sound from SMS/BEATS and all these headphones..

Already own have one and love it to death, just need a sound card to further enhance my listening experience :)

I recommend the Asus Xonar DG. I have one and it is really good for the price(~$20)

I recommend the Asus Xonar DG. I have one and it is really good for the price(~$20)

I'm looking at the Xonar STX but i may consider the Phobeus if the price goes down by the end of this year.

I've found the sound quality of the HTC One was exceptionally bad and iPhones aren't really anything special... Maybe don't quite throw in the towel on your new acquisition yet.

Have you tried them with anything better?

I find the best way to achieve better audio quality out of even analogue devices is to use a DAC box. Obviously it's a silly notion, carrying around a battery powered DAC box just to achieve better sound quality, but something like the Objective 2 >> http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/08/objective-2-the-open-source-headphone-amp/ provides a much cleaner amplification of base sound levels coming out of your portable player, or even desktop. DAC's can make cheap headphones sound like some higher end ones and of course if used wrong, it goes the other way too.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

One of my classmates has a pair of those overpriced beats and he is so proud of himself owning those, everyone in my class has so much despite on him just couse they think those are the best headphone in the world. They are so blind. My SGH8000 from Philips have the same bass and sound for music, but in every other aspect they dominate the beats! 

One of my classmates has a pair of those overpriced beats and he is so proud of himself owning those, everyone in my class has so much despite on him just couse they think those are the best headphone in the world. They are so blind. My SGH8000 from Philips have the same bass and sound for music, but in every other aspect they dominate the beats! 

Give them a try with your headphones and prove them wrong.

I'm looking at the Xonar STX but i may consider the Phobeus if the price goes down by the end of this year.

>Impedance: 38 ohms

For the sake of damping factor, I'd get a device with a lower output impedance like the FiiO E10 for those M50s.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

before you hate on the htc one sound quality are u willing to mod it? on xda forums (modding forums) u can flash an add-on called PureAudioX and it makes my ears orgasm (for a mobile audio player) when i use it with my beyerdynamic custom one pro's. 

177579.jpg?v=1

I know, no flame wars, but a friend sent me this a couple weeks ago and just fits way too well.

Ja85sV4.jpg

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD