ASUS or MSi

Mad153
Go to solution Solved by _Hustler_One_,

MSI Gaming/X series graphic cards are known to have a good cooling performance to allow a stable factory or even manual OC, and it's quiet and nicely overclocked right out of the box without you need to OC yourself..

I've read about ASUS Cerberus which mentions that ASUS made it for a specific market which is aiming to be in the internet/gaming cafe.

If I have to choose between those 2, I would get the MSI, unless you you have to choose between ASUS Strix series and MSI Gaming/X, I would get the ASUS Strix instead

Hi,

I cannot really find any reviews for the  ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Cerberus 8GB, so I do not know anything about performance.

Is the Cerberus better than the MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING ?

(the Cerberus is currently cheaper in the UK)

thanks

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

£38

Thanks

What are you going to be using it for? Are you on a strict budget? Sometimes its worth spending a little extra to gain performance benefits.

I don't want to pay more for the same, but most 1070ti s are noisy, and i know the msi is quiet

Thanks

Seems like the msi is the better card. Thats not to say that the Cerberus isnt a good card. I would personally pay more for the msi, but you really cant go wrong, both cards are good and almost inaudible.

23 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

Hi,

I cannot really find any reviews for the  ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Cerberus 8GB, so I do not know anything about performance.

Is the Cerberus better than the MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING ?

(the Cerberus is currently cheaper in the UK)

thanks

The msi, is 2 slot.

The asus, seems like 2.5

I may be wrong.

31 minutes ago, Altruist said:

The msi, is 2 slot.

The asus, seems like 2.5

IS this the only noticeable difference?

Thanks

as someone who uses a asus card i would recommend the asus. the built quality of those cards are amazing

System: Intel Core i7 - 7700K 4.2GHZ - 16GB Corsair Vengence RGB - ASUS Strix Z270F Motherboard - ASUS GTX1080 ROG Strix A8G Advanced - M.2 Western Digital Blue 240GB - Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 2TB - Corsair RM650X Powersupply - Corsair H110 v2 Cooler 

MSI Gaming/X series graphic cards are known to have a good cooling performance to allow a stable factory or even manual OC, and it's quiet and nicely overclocked right out of the box without you need to OC yourself..

I've read about ASUS Cerberus which mentions that ASUS made it for a specific market which is aiming to be in the internet/gaming cafe.

If I have to choose between those 2, I would get the MSI, unless you you have to choose between ASUS Strix series and MSI Gaming/X, I would get the ASUS Strix instead

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

Ok. That's what i thought, but it is good to get reassurance.

Thanks

Thanks