Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CPU choice

I have an old motherboard which happens to be a MSI Z170 Krait Gaming, it doesn't have a cpu. I have means of selling it for an upgrade, I am upgrading to Ryzen. But that would mean a new motherboard and a new cpu, but on the other hand. The reason I wanted to change it was because that the cost is around the same, should i change or stick to what I have and just get a cpu. I plan to get a Ryzen 5 2600 alongside a MSI X470 Carbon motherboard OR a i7-7700k. The prices are similar, need help. I am not sure to call this an upgrade or a side grade btw, pls don't diss me on that :)) for those who reply. Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, Arthur Leong said:

I have an old motherboard which happens to be a MSI Z170 Krait Gaming, it doesn't have a cpu. I have means of selling it for an upgrade, I am upgrading to Ryzen. But that would mean a new motherboard and a new cpu, but on the other hand. The reason I wanted to change it was because that the cost is around the same, should i change or stick to what I have and just get a cpu. I plan to get a Ryzen 5 2600 alongside a MSI X470 Carbon motherboard OR a i7-7700k. The prices are similar, need help. I am not sure to call this an upgrade or a side grade btw, pls don't diss me on that :)) for those who reply. Thanks in advance!

What will you do with that PC? Gaming/editing?

If you want an answer, just tag me or message me! ^^

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 8GB Crucial DDR4 2133mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Genius DeathTaker GX || Keyboard: Logitech G810 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Stinger ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card( 1080 hopefully if prices drop ) << 

2 hours ago, R3ep3r said:

What will you do with that PC? Gaming/editing?

Mostly gaming, but would be nice to futureproof it

6 hours ago, Arthur Leong said:

Mostly gaming, but would be nice to futureproof it

If you are mostly gaming and you'd like to futureproof your PC then an i7-7700k will do the trick for you for at least 2-3 years. If you want to go further, I'd suggest you going for the 8th/9th gen of Intel. 
Also you can go for the ryzen, a higher tier like 2600+ if you are not bothered by the fact that it'll have less FPS than the i7 ONLY in games. Both options are great tho'.

If you want an answer, just tag me or message me! ^^

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 8GB Crucial DDR4 2133mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Genius DeathTaker GX || Keyboard: Logitech G810 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Stinger ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card( 1080 hopefully if prices drop ) << 

9 hours ago, R3ep3r said:

If you are mostly gaming and you'd like to futureproof your PC then an i7-7700k will do the trick for you for at least 2-3 years. If you want to go further, I'd suggest you going for the 8th/9th gen of Intel. 
Also you can go for the ryzen, a higher tier like 2600+ if you are not bothered by the fact that it'll have less FPS than the i7 ONLY in games. Both options are great tho'.

What if I were to go with an MSI Armor RTX2070, which would you recommend? 

The 7700k will future proof you for alot longer than 4-5 years as it still has the amazing single core performance and even the 9900k is less than 10% faster than it (per thread performance). As for a motherboard, a 1070, 1070TI or 1080 will also future proof you for a long time as the jump from Pascal to Turing regarding performance is not that great, unless you're talking about the 2080TI. However if better reflections in puddles doesn't interest you, go with a 10/9 series card.

i7-7700k | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB 3100MHz | Prime Z270-AR

1 minute ago, qqqqqq said:

The 7700k will future proof you for alot longer than 4-5 years as it still has the amazing single core performance and even the 9900k is less than 10% faster than it (per thread performance). As for a motherboard, a 1070, 1070TI or 1080 will also future proof you for a long time as the jump from Pascal to Turing regarding performance is not that great, unless you're talking about the 2080TI. However if better reflections in puddles doesn't interest you, go with a 10/9 series card.

Oh wow, thanks a bunch for that list included ? Thanks for the reply as well, I never intended to turn on ray tracing but the price is about the same as a 1080 in my country cause the prices are not coming down 

8 minutes ago, qqqqqq said:

IF I could get a RTX2070 from MSI Armor edition for around the price of an 1080 in some cases even cheaper than a 1080, should I just go for it?