Help on WiFi Connection Idea

Hello forum Members,

My current situation is:

Potentially 250Mbit Connection and fitting Router.

The Problem is, I cant use the full bandwith because I am using Devolo Powerline 1200 Adapters to get the connection to a few devices in the house which only offer a lan port.

Why can't he use the full bandwith? Because the 250Mbit Connection ((S)VDSL - (Supervectoring DSL)) uses low frequencies to get the internet connection to the customers router (around 16Hz a technician told me).

Due to the fact that the Devolo Adapters are using the same low Hertz technology these two are interferring and the 250Mbit Connection is not stable.

Therefore i swapped the 250Mbit Router with my old one, which only supports the normal VDSL configuration of up to 160Mbit, not the low hertz supervectoring technology needed for 250Mbits.

As you can probably guess, I do want to use the full bandwith i do pay for.

What i thought of, is replacing all Devolo units with WiFi moduls, to connect the Devices which only offer a lan port to the WiFi, so i can get rid of the Devolo Units and swap my Router back to the new one.

I sadly cant lay lan cables. Thats not an option.

Devices that only offer a lan port are 2 TV boxes or a normal office PC.

I heard of WiFi Ethernet bridges, like the TP-Link TL-WR802N N300, which i could use in client-mode for the TV Boxes and the office PC if I'm correct.

Problem is, my Gaming PC is also connected via Devolo Powerlink Adapters to the Router for a low latency and constant connection.

That means I am searching for an strong WiFi Router (, that is placed behind the delivered 250Mbit capable SVDSL router,) that supports a few parallel 2.4Ghz connections for Mobile Devices, the 2 TV Boxes and the Office PC and a strong counterpart of the WiFi Router (maybe a 2nd one?) which is able to maintain a stable, low latency 5Ghz (or 60Ghz) connection to the router behind the 250Mbit router.

I do thought of these new Nighthawk Netgear routers?

I do hope everything was understandable, if not don't hesitate to question me.

Thanks in advance,

Ledury

i7-6850K, ASRock X99 Taichi, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15, 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 SLI, some SSD's/HDD's, EVGA G2 1300W PSU,

quite a few Coldzero Parts ... all inside an Corsair Obsidian 900D - detailled information on my Profil

I personally use 3 tp-link deco m5's (mesh routers). they can be used for general compatability, but not for most tv boxes. They are really good for 230 bucks for a set of 3. I use it for my 500/500 connection and still get around 300-400 mbs

49 minutes ago, Ledury said:

Hello forum Members,

My current situation is:

Potentially 250Mbit Connection and fitting Router.

The Problem is, I cant use the full bandwith because I am using Devolo Powerline 1200 Adapters to get the connection to a few devices in the house which only offer a lan port.

Why can't he use the full bandwith? Because the 250Mbit Connection ((S)VDSL - (Supervectoring DSL)) uses low frequencies to get the internet connection to the customers router (around 16Hz a technician told me).

Due to the fact that the Devolo Adapters are using the same low Hertz technology these two are interferring and the 250Mbit Connection is not stable.

Therefore i swapped the 250Mbit Router with my old one, which only supports the normal VDSL configuration of up to 160Mbit, not the low hertz supervectoring technology needed for 250Mbits.

As you can probably guess, I do want to use the full bandwith i do pay for.

What i thought of, is replacing all Devolo units with WiFi moduls, to connect the Devices which only offer a lan port to the WiFi, so i can get rid of the Devolo Units and swap my Router back to the new one.

I sadly cant lay lan cables. Thats not an option.

Devices that only offer a lan port are 2 TV boxes or a normal office PC.

I heard of WiFi Ethernet bridges, like the TP-Link TL-WR802N N300, which i could use in client-mode for the TV Boxes and the office PC if I'm correct.

Problem is, my Gaming PC is also connected via Devolo Powerlink Adapters to the Router for a low latency and constant connection.

That means I am searching for an strong WiFi Router (, that is placed behind the delivered 250Mbit capable SVDSL router,) that supports a few parallel 2.4Ghz connections for Mobile Devices, the 2 TV Boxes and the Office PC and a strong counterpart of the WiFi Router (maybe a 2nd one?) which is able to maintain a stable, low latency 5Ghz (or 60Ghz) connection to the router behind the 250Mbit router.

I do thought of these new Nighthawk Netgear routers?

I do hope everything was understandable, if not don't hesitate to question me.

Thanks in advance,

Ledury

You found the issue with Powerline adapters, they are heavily susceptible to electrical interference. 

You can look in to Moca adapters which use coax. Thats if you have coax in the walls at the location where these devices are. They also make wireless bridges, which do like it sounds, it allows non WiFi capable devices to connect via WiFi. Then the third option is some type of mesh setup, but this is really only needed if a signal WiFi router cant deliver good WiFi signal across your home. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Thanks @LukeSavenije and @Donut417 for the replies, my current idea is to buy WiFi Bridges, I found a few good rated products, for the Office PC and the TVs and a seperate WiFi Router only for my gaming setup.

i7-6850K, ASRock X99 Taichi, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15, 2x EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 SLI, some SSD's/HDD's, EVGA G2 1300W PSU,

quite a few Coldzero Parts ... all inside an Corsair Obsidian 900D - detailled information on my Profil