$2000 Build Help

Ashiok

So what's it for? I'm guessing it's not games, and if it's not games then the Xfire Vega might be better. 

That cooler is shit though, get either a 280mm+ size AIO or a beefy air cooler for the same money. 

Get a 7200rpm HDD and not a 5400rpm,the difference is pretty big for the extra little bit it costs. 

Also might want too look at second gen TR, but the first gen 16 core dropped on price so it should be a good value chip iirc

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 minutes ago, Ashiok said:

I would choose another cooler, the h80i v2 isnt really a good choice for a 120W tdp cpu (i think the 1950x has 120W?)

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

So what's it for? I'm guessing it's not games, and if it's not games then the Xfire Vega might be better. 

That cooler is shit though, get either a 280mm+ size AIO or a beefy air cooler for the same money. 

Get a 7200rpm HDD and not a 5400rpm,the difference is pretty big for the extra little bit it costs. 

Also might want too look at second gen TR, but the first gen 16 core dropped on price so it should be a good value chip iirc

For games and streaming. Ill switch the cooler out for an nzxt kraken. Should I not be running sli 64s and a threadripper for streaming and games?

54 minutes ago, Ashiok said:

For games and streaming. Ill switch the cooler out for an nzxt kraken. Should I not be running sli 64s and a threadripper for streaming and games?

i would probably go for an I9 9900K, it will perform much better in games while still keeping up in streaming for about the same price. for the AIO idk, i dont like them so i have no advice beyond dont get one thats smaller than 240mm. dont think that the vega 64s will be as good as a 1080TI or 2080/ti for streaming as you would be using CPU encoding anyway

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016