Need a PS4 audio solution

RickySrx

I got a PS4 and PS4 doesn’t support Bluetooth audio devices or something I have my PS4 directly connected to my projector and the audio from the projector is crap ?i was able to get the audio working but I had to run a 5M aux from the projector to speaker which looked horrible I’m looking for a wireless solution I bought a Bluetooth transmitter and reciver but don’t know how that works lot if it works for what I’m trying to do 

If you have a receiver why are you trying to go with wireless audio?

Connect your speakers to the receiver, and connect the video out to the projector

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

What kind of audio setup do you have?  You mentioned 'speaker' and that you bought a Bluetooth transmitter and receiver.  Do you have any proper speakers?  A home theater receiver? Or are you talking about connecting to a set of independent power speakers, etc.?

3 hours ago, Slottr said:

If you have a receiver why are you trying to go with wireless audio?

Connect your speakers to the receiver, and connect the video out to the projector

that won’t work because the PlayStation refuses to connect via Bluetooth to the sound bar therefor I’m left runnning a 5m aux from the projector to the sound bar to get it to work I tried to run a optical cable from the sound bar to PS4 but couldn’t get it to work

Just now, RickySrx said:

that won’t work because the PlayStation refuses to connect via Bluetooth to the sound bar therefor I’m left runnning a 5m aux from the projector to the sound bar to get it to work I tried to run a optical cable from the sound bar to PS4 but couldn’t get it to work

So wheres the receiver in all of this? 

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

What kind of audio setup do you have?  You mentioned 'speaker' and that you bought a Bluetooth transmitter and receiver.  Do you have any proper speakers?  A home theater receiver? Or are you talking about connecting to a set of independent power speakers, etc.?

I’ve a home theater setup I usually have my pc connected to the projector via 5m hdmi and audio running via Bluetooth to the sound bar the soundbar is basic with Bluetooth nothing special my problem is the PS4 refuses to connect via Bluetooth leaving me to run an aux from the projector to achieve what I’m trying to do but this is not what i want as it’s really cable messy I bought a Bluetooth transmitter/reciver but can’t figure out how this works or if it will ? There must be a way surely 

THE END GOAL: to be able to have the Projector connected to the PS4 via HDMI 

For sound bar to out get audio via Bluetooth or other means preferable not cable messy (wireless) from the PS4

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

So wheres the receiver in all of this? 

To be quite honest with you im not using it as I don’t understood how it works I belive it won’t the inscrutions are terriable or I’m just stupid ?usually I don’t have problems like this but I can’t figure this out My would Ps4 not support this like ?

Just now, RickySrx said:

To be quite honest with you im not using it as I don’t understood how it works I belive it won’t the inscrutions are terriable or I’m just stupid ?usually I don’t have problems like this but I can’t figure this out My would Ps4 not support this like ?

What model is it? What model of soundbar? Projector?

Depending on which version of PS4 you have you have either two or three options to get audio out of it.

PS4 slim:

1. USB sound card. a regular USB DAC should work natively with a PS4.

2. HDMI audio. Either using HDMI ARC or an audio extactor will strip the audio from the HDMI signal.

PS4 Pro or original PS4:

1. HDMI audio, as above.

2. A DAC with optical input. The PS4 pro has an optical output. Can also be found on many AV receivers (at which point you may as well use HDMI ARC if it supports it)

3. USB DAC, normal USB DAC's should work natively. However, from what i can see, USB DAC's don't always work reliably on PS4 Pro's, so better to use the optical or HDMI outputs.