Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planing a build

ShoByte
 Share

Planning a build for someone I know. Yes I chose a 2080. As the 1080ti is gone.

 

any tweaks I should do?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ShoByte said:

Get a Corsair RM650x PSU, throw in a HDD, get an EVGA Z370 FTW motherboard, and swap out the AIO liquid cooler for a Dark Rock Pro 4, Dark Rock 4, or NH-D15.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

what is your budget and location?  what is the build going to be used for?  if your just looking for advice on this current list then swap out the psu for like a corsair rm series or even a evga psu beleve the g2 are really good and maybe add a mechanical drive for mass storage.

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Get a Corsair RM650x PSU, throw in a HDD, get an EVGA Z370 FTW motherboard, and swap out the AIO liquid cooler for a Dark Rock Pro 4, Dark Rock 4, or NH-D15.

The rosewill is a tier 2 psu as well, what's better about the corsair?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650 W is the same price and a better psu. Granted it is only 650W, but that is more than enough capacity for the build.

 

SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold and Corsair RM650x (2018) would be better choices than the Capstone, IMO.

 

Otherwise, it's a good build.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, brob said:

EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650 W is the same price and a better psu. Granted it is only 650W, but that is more than enough capacity for the build.

 

SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold and Corsair RM650x (2018) would be better choices than the Capstone, IMO.

 

Otherwise, it's a good build.

Never noticed the seasonic in tier 2. I've always had problems with large coolers and tall ram.

 

Revised

 

Cooler is under other, i had to manually put it in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The NH-D15 and Trident Z memory are not a great combination. The outer fan of the NH-D15 overhangs the outer memory slots. As a result, a memory upgrade might be troublesome. Consider the Dark Rock Pro 4 instead. While it overhangs memory, clearance is sufficient for Trident Z modules. Another option would be the NH-D15S.

 

Not sure why you couldn't find the Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler entry.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, brob said:

The NH-D15 and Trident Z memory are not a great combination. The outer fan of the NH-D15 overhangs the outer memory slots. As a result, a memory upgrade might be troublesome. Consider the Dark Rock Pro 4 instead. While it overhangs memory, clearance is sufficient for Trident Z modules. Another option would be the NH-D15S.

 

Not sure why you couldn't find the Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler entry.

Doesn't show, neither does the Dark Rock Pro 4 =/

 

It was the compatibility filter. It's saying the case is the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

bangs on head, Of course, pcpartpicker.com will not show incompatible parts. Both coolers are too tall to fit in the case (limit is 158mm).

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, brob said:

bangs on head, Of course, pcpartpicker.com will not show incompatible parts. Both coolers are too tall to fit in the case (limit is 158mm).

That was a nice cheap airflow case, what's comparable to it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, brob said:

Doesn't have the LED fans, but does have excellent airflow Fractal Design - Meshify C TG.

I'll add in a HDD if it's needed. She doesn't really care about LED/RGB so that's fine.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ShoByte said:

You can get Windows 10 for $15 on Kinguin

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×